In Massachusetts March 7-12

Next week is my Spring Break, and I'm bolting Pennsylvania for a dose of music in New England. If anyone wants to meet up or there is an event you want me to know about, just speak up! Friday evening is already taken for Tom Hall's session in Portsmouth, N.H.

Ken

Mark Evans has written me with enough events to fill the whole week (will know soon what day I'm actually coming Mark), but would love to see anyone else (what is Jay Lamsa up to?)

Ken in snowy PENNA about 20cm since yesterday and still going

Next week is my Spring Break, and I'm bolting Pennsylvania for a dose of music in New England.  If anyone wants to meet up or there is an event you want me to know about, just speak up!  Friday evening is already taken for Tom Hall's session in Portsmouth, N.H.

Ken

Ken, one of these days I'll probably meet you around here somewhere, maybe in Portsmouth if I get there when it's nicer weather!

I need to get feeling a bit better, though. That's been the main issue with me. I have had such migraines/headaches that it makes things rough and sometimes I feel like I'm about 30 years older than I actually am. So, I ain't gettin' around a lot. And, what time/energy I've got is reserved for some upcoming activities with my daughter that involve me driving quite a bit, from one side of the state to the other...then, I'll need to recover from that, of course.

And, I don't play a lot that other players play, though it was fun to play together at NESI last September. I will try to work on all those same pieces (Dancin' With Ma Baby, etc.) and so I'll at least have that in common with some of you, even though I don't play much in the way of trad/Irish types.

I do have a doctor appt. scheduled, re the headaches again, and, I intend to get back to yoga classes, which will help me.

I am sure Jay is playing his pa!

Hee hee hee

Okay okay, he is probably playing his concertina.

Is snowing bunches in Ohio also.

Have a fun vacation, Ken.

I am off too, coincidentally, but not going to Massachusetts where it is probably COLD, Ken.

Oh, Helen, don't gloat, but you might as well tell us where you'll be where it WON'T be cold!! B)

Meanwhile, Ken, let us know as plans gel. I'm wildly busy at the moment but might be able to spare an evening for playing and, yes, maybe even singing!! :lol:

Ah well, Allison, I will be more SOUTHERN Ohio than normal. Oh all right, this really is not south. It isn't even southern ohio. But on the other hand, it is definitely not Massachusetts.

Going to dulcimer camp, but with my pa. Instead of doing dulcimer workshops, I am doing the band together. I said I'd bring a piano accordion, if that was all right. They didn't know what it was! That astonished me. But hey, they said okay. Because they don't know what it is, most likely!

Got over seven inches of snow the other day. I am bummed. I thought it was almost spring.

Yeah yeah, I know, for some of you seven inches is nothing. But it is March.

I want warm.

:lol: :lol: :lol: here I am lip synching.

Well, Derek,

The little one comes in a case remarkably like an old typewriter case. I'll just leave it in the case for a while and everyone will just think I'm going to write something.

Course if they don't know what a pa is, they have probably never seen a typewriter case either.

Helen

Looking forward to seeing you, Ken; its been too long. Any other takers? Allison?

On another note, button acordion/concertina player/ multi instrumentalist/ singer Bob Zentz will be doing a special performance at the Press Room on Sunday aftrenoon, March 20th at 2:00 PM. I'll post a separate thread later -- Tom

Looking forward to seeing you, Ken; its been too long. Any other takers? Allison?

On another note, button acordion/concertina player/ multi instrumentalist/ singer Bob Zentz will be doing a special performance at the Press Room on Sunday aftrenoon, March 20th at 2:00 PM. I'll post a separate thread later  --    Tom

Bob Z is well worth hearing. I think I played his CD Hove to and Drifting three times last week!

Had a nice visit last night with brand new concertinist Mike Foley. In a few days he has 3 tunes from Vallely's tutor in not-bad shape! You new players keep getting smarter. Soon I hope music will make all of humanity smarter and we can eliminate all bad things in the world. So teach your neighbor to play concertina.

Had a nice visit at the new BBox store Monday also. Rich M. popped in to take a picture; perhaps for the growl basses thread.

Off to see Mark Evans's favorite session tonight.

Ken, Littleton, Mass.

Well dear Ken, we were treated to that famous New England weather last night: balmy in the morning an a real snow storm last night. You were wise not to venture out.

I got to the session where lurked a few members, but it was not memorable and I very nearly needed sled dogs on one part of the tense trek home. :unsure: What was I thinking? Oh, I know, "'chuns, gotta have me 'chuns". My wife says it's time for a trip to the 'chun rehab clinic. :P

New England: Not happy with the weather? Wait a few hours and it will change.