Merry Christmas From Downunder

Merry Christmas from Downunder.

Expecting temperatures of around 35 C in my part of the world on Christmas Day; so no hot dinner for me. Some prawns, scallops and crayfish with salad and a nice chilled Pinot Gris.

Have a joyous and peaceful Christmas.

Cheers.

post-10028-0-35060700-1450907262_thumb.jpg

Expecting temperatures of around 35 C in my part of the world on Christmas Day; so no hot dinner for me. Some prawns, scallops and crayfish with salad and a nice chilled Pinot Gris.

Have a joyous and peaceful Christmas.

Cheers.

Wouldn't mind being on that beach right now… Seasons Greetings to you and all Cnetters from France.

Expecting temperatures of around 35 C in my part of the world on Christmas Day....

Meanwhile, at 62½ degrees north latitutde in Sweden it's 2°C (37°F). Luckily, that's not enough to quickly melt the 5 cm (2") of un-forecast snow we got yesterday morning to cover the bare ground left by a couple of days at an unheard-of (for December) 7°C (45°F). So it looks like we'll actually have a snow white Christmas Day after all, rather than a beach party. :)

Let me join in wishing all a God Jul (="Good Yule", aka Merry Christmas, Happy Christmas, etc.), with its message of peace, joy, and generosity... things we share year-round in these forums.

I'll be celebrating Christmas in hospital with Anne, who is currently an in patient with possible TB. That means I have to wear a mask and a sort of plastic apron when I'm in the same room with her, but we'll do our best.

Chris

Oh, my! Well, our best to you both.

David & Julie

I thought I'd add a few words about the unseasonable features here in Essex. I have daffodils in bud; usually we hope for one in bloom on St David's Day (my wife is Welsh!) and this seldom happens! Most remarkably there is a bank of primroses in full bloom; this is extraordinary!

I can't think of concertinas and Christmas without recalling Ken Loveless and his spelling of the word with a final double 'ss'. It is, he insisted, Christ's Mass.

The traditional message of Christmas(s) is, of course, Peace and Goodwill and Jim has already mentioned the wonderful friendships and good will which this website displays and creates. Long may it continue.

I add my best wishes this Christmas and I wish you all a very happy Christmas and a peaceful 2016.

Roger