Looking For A Small Size 26/28 Buttons Jeffries/lachenal/crabb/jones/.

Orm

I'm looking for a small sized 26/28 buttons Jeffries/Lachenal/Crabb/Jones/something else. I don't play concertina much, but I need one for occasional playing of irish tunes/accompanying myself.

Something like Lachenal mentioned here would be nice.

PM me if you have something to offer.

Regards

Roman

I'm looking for a small sized 26/28 buttons Jeffries/Lachenal/Crabb/Jones/something else. I don't play concertina much, but I need one for occasional playing of irish tunes/accompanying myself.

Something like Lachenal mentioned here would be nice.

PM me if you have something to offer.

Regards

Roman

Theo has one (Jeffries) for sale on his site:

http://www.theboxplace.co.uk/purchase/jeffries26/prod_491.html

Adrian

Hi Roman

This is Richard who wrote the intitial thread that asked for a 26 button smaller instrument. FYI I finally found one. It took a year of correspondance with a very nice fellow in England. And I finally got a 26 button Lachenal that is quit small but not a miniature. It is one of the best Lachenals that I have tried (in my brief history).

Good luck.

Richard

Hello Orm, not to belabor the usual suspects if you've already tried these, but have you contacted Greg Jowaisas in the US and Chris Algar (Barleycorn Concertinas) in the UK? Those are two of the gents that tend to get a large amount of stock coming through them and just might have what you need or can be asked to be on the lookout for it.

If you are still looking send me a PM.I know someone who is selling two lovely concertinas in superb playing order.A 28 key metal ended bone buttoned Jeffries and a 30 key metal ended bone buttoned John Crabb.The prices are also reasonable.The "experts "on this site will probably disagree with me but John Crabb and his successors made some of the finest Anglos you are likely to come across.

Thanks for the info, but the price is actually one of the reasons why I'm searching for 26-28 buttons instrument. I don't want to pay that much for the instrument, but I do want a good one :) So the idea was that 26-28 buttons instrument will be cheaper for same quality instrument. We'll see though :)

• 6 months later...