Pantomimes

Well we took little Abigail last night to see Snow white and the Seven Dwarfs and a good time was had by all.The prince was played by a man so no fishnet stockings but Dame Dilly Daydream (no relation) was played by a man.

"Shall I eat the apple children" NO" screamed the children "Oh just a little bite"

" NO" etc

One of the highlights for me was three little children who went on stage one who`s Birthday it was, one little boy and a tiny little girl of about four.They were asked in turn to do the laughing bit of the Laughing Policeman, sung by the clown of the show Muddles.They each did their bit and this little girl who was in a Snow White costume stood there quietly and shyly.When her turn came we expected this little girl to sing how she looked, but took a deep breath and nearly took the roof off.She won of course.They all went away with the same prize however.

The star of the show took me a bit by surprise she stood on the right hand side of the stage and was doing sign language for the deaf children present, she knew all the words of every artist, jumped about in time with the music did all the actions, she got a very large round of applause at the end.It is sometime since I have been to a Pantomime and I have never seen the deaf children catered for.There were many deaf children present at the show because of this lady and joined in the fun with the other children.A great step forward.

My Daughter in Law was at this show for her continuous 32nd year.The show was packed out.

My only complaint it was too loud.I just cannot understand why Cinemas and the Theatre`s turn the volume up so loud it hearts your ears.It is also not a good policy to submit small children with perfect hearing to this sort of noise level something which in later life will become a problem as many of us know.

Al

Thank you, Al,

It was almost as if we were there with you.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to one and all.

We are socked in here in the Midwest with snow. But I'll trudge out to work as it is my last day until Jan.3 so I can do it. Yes I can. My car however is gonna need a little extra encouragement.

Helen

It is sometime since I have been to a Pantomime and I have never seen the deaf children catered for.There were many deaf children present at the show because of this lady and joined in the fun with the other children.A great step forward.

Sounds wonderful, Alan. But I couldn't help thinking...

Deaf children would be at no disadvantage enjoying what we know as "pantomime" in the USA, even without an interpreter.

Well, Mark,

I wish you had shouted O no you can't and I had listened to you.

Took 4 1/2 hours to dig out the car and then to drive over to work only to find that they had closed the agency 2 hours before.

David,

Deaf children would miss the shouted accompaniments, so the sign language is nice where Al is. I agree, here in the US, mime does not use words and deaf kids would have the advantage, so to speak.

Helen whose bloody and cold hands want to rest.