Ralph Jordan Tracks Played On Radio Sverige

Just a quick note to say that two tracks from Ralph Jordan's CD "Eloise" , a Bach Gavotte and a Swedish folk tune, Nigpolskà, were played on Sverige Radio last night. They are still available to listen to on http://www.sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt?programme=2195

The tracks are the first two broadcast.

Just a quick note to say that two tracks from Ralph Jordan's CD "Eloise" , a Bach Gavotte and a Swedish folk tune, Nigpolskà, were played on Sverige Radio last night. They are still available to listen to on www.sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt?programme=2195

The tracks are the first two broadcast.

Edited by Irene S.

no "Musik" to click on that I see, left or right...

I found the program in archives (it's a re-broadcast?), but it's a 2-hour program and after listening for 10 minutes I gave up waiting for the part with Ralph.

Anybody know if there's a way to skip ahead in one of these "streaming" things?

well, i just grab the indicator and drag it forward. usually works, but not always. do it with clare fm all the time---i'm not big on most singing, ceili music, and commercials, though i love the community announcements....i just drag the thing forward.

the truth is, i i think i have these tracks---they are on the cd, right? but i was game to listen to them on the show regardless.... :rolleyes:

Jim,you may have the wrong edition of the programme. Ralphie's two tracks are at the very beginning of the programme,and yes Ceemonster,they are both on the Eloise CD. I found the process of Googling Dead Man Walking,the title of the programme, and Sverige Radio threw up a direct link if it helps. Sorry I. Can't do the real thing but I'm struggling with a tablet here.

Jim,you may have the wrong edition of the programme. Ralphie's two tracks are at the very beginning of the programme,and yes Ceemonster,they are both on the Eloise CD. I found the process of Googling Dead Man Walking,the title of the programme, and Sverige Radio threw up a direct link if it helps. Sorry I. Can't do the real thing but I'm struggling with a tablet here.

Got it!

So here's the link for everyone else.

It looks like you can start the same audio with either of the standard triangle-arrow controls, i.e., either the one labeled "KALEJDOSKOP" or the one labeled "LYSSNA" ("listen").

The one I found before was an archived broadcast from a couple of years ago, so Helene Almqvist was already familiar with Ralphie's playing (did they ever meet?) and I presume she put together this tribute when she heard of his death.

Searching for the link was a different sort of adventure. I often use Google's Advanced Search page rather than their default search, but when I put the search parameters into that page the only result it showed me was this thread. Yet when I put those same parameters into the default search page it gave me 63 results, with the above link as the first one. "Advanced"? Hmm! B)

Meanwhile, I already have a copy of the Eloise CD, so I can listen to these two pieces and more without having to connect to the internet. Well worth it! :)