Content Missing From Concertina.net Home Page

I was going to reply to the request for information on world war II Wheatstones by pointing to the article that was on the home page but it is no longer there.

You might try Googling for the article. Google may still have an accessible archived version (though there's no guarantee). Or try The Way Back Machine.

I've noticed for a while that the non-Forum home page has been pared down, though I'm not sure when it happened, except that it was definitely after the Tune-O-Tron was cut back to only the Convert-A-Matic because of spammers.

Why have all those other links been removed? I don't know why, though I do know that many were out of date. In any case, I think you're more likely to get some explanation from Paul S. if you ask about this in the Forum Questions, Suggestions, Help subForum. I'm pretty sure that he and Ken read those posts regularly, while they don't necessarily have time to read all the posts here in General Concertina Discussion.

I haven't talked to Paul yet, but I already noticed it too. If there aren't other plans I could look at ways to make at least some of that content available using the forum system - stay tuned.

Ken

I haven't talked to Paul yet, but I already noticed it too. If there aren't other plans I could look at ways to make at least some of that content available using the forum system - stay tuned.

Ken

At this point almost everything seems to be gone.

I was going to reply to the request for information on world war II Wheatstones by pointing to the article that was on the home page but it is no longer there.

Graham

Is this the one? http://www.concertina.net/rg_wheatstone_50.html . The link is gone but the article is still there if you know how to look for it.

Edited by Daniel Hersh

OK, here's what I can tell you. In brief, the static pages are a collection of varied stuff. Some of it is of lasting value (e.g., the history articles), while some of it Paul reports is generating complaints to him (e.g. the seriously out of date Buyer's Guide pages). Paul owns this site, and I think he is sensitive to the perception that C.net is promulgating out-of-date information when it claims to be the first place on the web for current information about concertinas. So the out-of-date material is probably due for retirement, just as you wouldn't look at a 20-year-old issue of Concertina & Squeezebox for current buying advice, though C&S is of interest as a historic archive. I can work on porting over some of the clearly useful pages - we'll need to sort out what is the best way to make them easy to find here without plugging up the most visible parts of the forums (where you see new topics). Maybe a pinned topic giving links to threads where the old, static pages are reposted. Of course the history-related articles and museum pages are obvious choices, and I'm open to other suggestions - just speak up. Thanks.

Ken