They're back again, and again!

RP3

The two potentially scam Tina's are back up again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-W-Jeffries-English-Concertina-with-Original-Leather-Case-c-1920s-/300845787546?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460bce699a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-C-Jeffries-anglo-concertina-/300845787370?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460bce68ea

These were two instruments that sold recently and can be seen on eBay's completed auctions. They were both bought by the same buyer, but his feedback was 6 and this "Seller" is 288 so the likelihood that the auctions are legit is low. And they both have these "Contact me before you bid" nonsense. So buyer beware.

Ross Schlabach

I figured that the quickest way to get rid of all the items this scammer is listing is to contact the site owner, as it's a hijacked site they may not know yet.

Edit: Have done so.

Edited by Ann-p

They were both taken down quickly, but are both back on 2 hours ago, only for 5 days this time. Shortening the sale time to try to catch someone. Keep reporting!

gcoover, you're right about ebay losing credibility. There were issues with them and Paypal which the papers made a noise about, but I think were only partly dealt with (don't ask- can't remember the detail!).

They were both taken down quickly, but are both back on 2 hours ago, only for 5 days this time. Shortening the sale time to try to catch someone. Keep reporting!

gcoover, you're right about ebay losing credibility. There were issues with them and Paypal which the papers made a noise about, but I think were only partly dealt with (don't ask- can't remember the detail!).

I knew a person who fell for a very similar scheme (scam) some years ago. Obviously, the purchased object never appeared. They traced the payment to a bank in Germany - which refused to reveal the name of the account holder - even after being given virtual proof of the scam.

Only problem is that if the site has been hijacked your message will be intercepted by the hijacker, the real eBay member will never get the message.

Not necessarily, Theo. If the genuine seller has at least one other legitimate item for sale, you can contact the seller via that item, under "ask the seller a question", and report the scam to him that way. I have successfully done this before.

Chris

Only problem is that if the site has been hijacked your message will be intercepted by the hijacker, the real eBay member will never get the message.

Not necessarily, Theo. If the genuine seller has at least one other legitimate item for sale, you can contact the seller via that item, under "ask the seller a question", and report the scam to him that way. I have successfully done this before.

Chris

That is interesting. I was assuming that the scammer who hijacked the account would have changed the password, and the account email address, so that the legitimate owner would have no access at all, not even to email notifications. Perhaps it is quicker for the scammer to do the minimum on any one account and spend all his time on posting bogus auctions.