Wanted 46 button mcann duet £800 budget ?

new english

Hi Guys thank you for the various suggestions /offers and after much deliberation (and a lot of elbow twisting on my part) and some excellent advice from a knowledgeable member (Many Thanks)

Martin has upped his budget to £800 it must be a 46 button McCann duet, totally playable and in concert pitch with no additional repairs or parts required, I am relatively new to concertinas but my violin,guitar,banjo restoration experience gives me a little practical advantage but martin is bereft of the most basic skills required and has often been lost for a suitable reply to “good morning” LOL we are attempting to buy the concertina while he is staying with me ,the most helpful member has suggested that trying the instrument to make sure it’s suitable would be prudent if it’s a private individual

Many thanks

Tony

I can recommend Chris Algar from Barleycorn Concertinas. I bought a 46key Wheatstone from him about 3 years ago. It still is a joy to play and it still is worth as much as I bought it for, maybe even a little more. 

Hi Guys thank you for the various suggestions /offers and after much deliberation (and a lot of elbow twisting on my part) and some excellent advice from a knowledgeable member (Many Thanks)

Martin has upped his budget to £800 it must be a 46 button McCann duet, totally playable and in concert pitch with no additional repairs or parts required,

This one fits your requirements, being sold by a friend of mine, it was sold by Chris Algar a couple of years ago, and I've done some further minor work on it.

Hi Tony,

My McCann is for sale, all of the above requirements and it was the nicest McCann on the Barleycorn stall when I bought it.

See Theo's link above to my original post.

I would accept £750 for it and include UK shipping. This is less than I paid Barleycorn for it in 2008 and since then I have paid Theo to do some minor work on it.

It's perfectly in tune, great condition, no work required. Includes both original leather box and a modern hard case, and still has original receipt from Barleycorn for the concertina.

Message me if you are interested, ta.

Ian S

Ian S many thanks for the offer and I’m sorry for the delay in replying

Buying a McCann duet has been most illuminating ,I’m actually a little disappointed LOL as I thought my McCann was a pretty rare beast , perhaps the build quality and expense has helped to keep so many instruments still up and running.

I posted a question on the forum concerning relative actions and playability between wheastone46 and Lachenal46 duet concertinas and after a a lot of advice and I mean a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL Martin has decided to buy the Wheatstone 46 McCann

thanks

Tony