Practicing slides and cuts - Little Black Mustache

Boney

Again many thanks Ceemonster,

for the fine explaination of this Bandoneon style. If only I can get somewhere down this road with the Maccann I will be very happy.

Yes again some fine "brain training" is in order... I am sure it does us much good and keeps the Dementia at bay.

Many Bandoneons for sale at this French site; www.leboncoin.fr

Perhaps a glass of this reasonably priced Argentinian wine will help anyone learning the bandoneon:

i actually do like the concertina reed sound for single-melody music in all kinds of genres rather than just irish, but i'm not caring for the concertina reed sound for chords-and-melody-together, a la duet.

Now for me, it's the complete opposite. I don't find the sound of a single reed all that interesting, it's the sound of them playing together that first attracted me to the instrument. Each to his own!

I have an idea: Is there anything anyone here would specifically like to see me record and discuss? I have a new (to me) ornament I've tried in an Irish tune, but I have a feeling I'd be ripped to shreds for that one. Maybe something comparing ideas I use to try to balance chords and melody? That's something else I often hear talked about, but I don't think I've ever heard an audio example of different approaches.

Yes, this would be most interesting. The gracenote topic is one I am more than familiar with from ITM ,transfering Piping techniques onto Concertina (or not) .

As a starter on Duet I am finding that my chord work sounds too heavy for the melody. I have read about playing the chords short and keeping the melody notes as long as possible and I've listened carefully to Ralph Jordan's CD where he appears to be sparing with the the left hand in the 'short and neat' way. Now I am trying to select the best two note chords (as in choice of the two notes and the best inversion) by ear and experimenting with the sounds.

Any imput on this subject is going to get my ear... thanks in advance.

That would interest me too, along with anything else about how you develop your left-hand parts.