Dad's Army

There was a repeat of the Morris Dancing episode of Dad's Army last night.With Peter Honri providing the music.

Very funny as usual

Al

Yes saw it - one of the best episodes IMO.

I'd hoped for more morris & more 'tina.

It's going back many years now, but my late father told me that this episode was inspired by the First Squire of the East Kent Morris Men who was a Bank Manager in Folkstone Kent. My father who worked for a Bank in the City (of London) was a member of the short Lived Medway Morris Men, and used to chat to him about boring Bank things when there were Kent Morrismens' gatherings (Hartley Morrismen also included).

Inventor.

There was a repeat of the Morris Dancing episode of Dad's Army last night.With Peter Honri providing the music.

Very funny as usual

Al

Hi Al

Peter is credited as playing Private Day at the end.

http://www.afunnystuff.com/videos/Funny-videos/The-godiva-affair-dads-army.html

I don't remember seeing this show on this side of the pond. Looks funny. It's the first one I've seen. I've missed a lot.

Thanks

Leo

• 1 month later...

I have just stumbled across this post while I was looking for something else. And funnily enough, I have just finished a stint as the concertina-playing Private Day in the "Godiva Affair" epsiode of Dad's Army. This was staged by the Harrogate Dramatic Society at Harrogate Theatre. I couldn't help smiling to myself as I was thinking that Private Day should have been played by our very own Al!

Chas

Very funny as usual

Al