Ladies Vanity Case

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some neighbors of mine when I was growing up had a couple of skunks as pets. Pretty antisocial animals, as I recall, so I don't think I ever got to pet them. Cute, though!

(Yes, they had been descented....)

:)

Steven

Okay, forget getting rid of the smell, Al.

You've convinced me. This isn't really to allure like perfume, it is to repel. Sooo, figure out the ingredients and market it as a repellent spray against all attackers. Even pacifists will feel safe. They won't have to physically attack someone accosting them. And the police can easily pick up the perpetrator. Sort of like the red dye packs in bank notes for robbers.

Weelll, you'll have to get a dispensation though because you might retain some of the smell on you from playing around with it.

No fear. We'll start saving bail money for you.

Helen

And oh hey, Al, I forgot. you already have jail experience from eating the bunny rabbit.

Yes yes it WAS you. Not me. Uh uh. Never me. I didn't do it.

Helen

I've contributed a nickel to your defense fund. So get crackin'.

...a repellent spray against all attackers. Even pacifists will feel safe. They won't have to physically attack someone accosting them.

Crossing threads here, but isn't that what the non-smokers consider smoke odor to be... a form of physical attack? How is doing it with "perfume" scent any different?

Some neighbors of mine when I was growing up had a couple of skunks as pets.

(Yes, they had been descented....)

The one I petted hadn't been, nor had its mother, who was just a few feet away.

They were wild.

Skunks are actually pretty smart, and don't attack without serious provocation.

Are you suggesting possible riot control here Helen?

Do I stand in front of the riot and open my box, threaten to open my box, or as an additional deterrant threaten to play them a tune as well? B)

Al

( Edited to probably spell deterrant wrongly)

Two further suggestions:

Charcoal: Acquire chunk charcoal (not briquettes) and pulverise a few ounces into a fine powder. Wrap in fine cheesecloth and leave in the box for a few days. Be careful of dust, however, as it is abrasive and if any is left it may wreak havoc on your instruments when they reside in the case.

Baking soda: Depending on the base of the perfume, this may or may not work. But rather than charcoal powder, substitute common baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in the above directions.

The charcoal will provide a large porous surface to absorb the perfume molecules, and the baking soda may compound with them directly to neutralize them.

Not fair, I can't see it either. :(

I haven't seen the skunk odour ads yet, either. At first I assumed it's Google Ads picking up on posted text and finding a client's ads with matching text. (Why else would I be seeing ads for Jeffries banking?) But that doesn't explain why some of us who have posts containing the word "skunk" don't see it, yet Alan does. This leads me to speculate other scenarios: (1) That Paul/Ken have set up something special for Alan alone, or (2) that Alan is pulling our leg.

Has anyone else seen the ads he mentioned?

I haven't seen the skunk odour ads yet, either. At first I assumed it's Google Ads picking up on posted text and finding a client's ads with matching text. (Why else would I be seeing ads for Jeffries banking?) But that doesn't explain why some of us who have posts containing the word "skunk" don't see it, yet Alan does. This leads me to speculate other scenarios: (1) That Paul/Ken have set up something special for Alan alone, or (2) that Alan is pulling our leg.

While it is kind of you to attribute such a sense of humor, I at least cannot claim to be behind this. I assume the ads are dynamically generated as Jim speculates; I'm not in on how it works as dynamic code is Paul's bailiwick.

Just smile and go along for the ride, as they say. I'm sure your turn to see something funny will come. Personalized experieces, right here on Concertina.net, no extra charge.

Odd, but I never see any ads on this site except those from the official site sponsors (Tedrow Concertinas, Button Box, Harmonicas & Stuff, etc.). Do I have to be more special to see the fun Google ads?

:huh:

Steven

Okay okay now it's back and back at the top of the page.

I did realize that the ads change.

You have to read the ad to realize that it is for skunk odor. I think the heading is pet odor.

And yes Steven you have to be special, but you are. These are all regular official ads.

I especially liked the concertina fencing and the Jeffries banking in the past.

If the ads were really following the threads, I would have expected some about oh say Dutch cheese a while back.

Helen