Haunting Slow Airs

There's a hauntingly beautiful French tune called Adieu Les Filles De Mon Pays that I learned in the Radway. It immediately captivated our session when I introduced it and more often than not we use it as our finisher. Sory I don't have dots for it, but for G/D anglo players it really lends itself to double-noting.

Chris

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a hauntingly beautiful French tune called Adieu Les Filles De Mon Pays that I learned in the Radway. It immediately captivated our session when I introduced it and more often than not we use it as our finisher. Sory I don't have dots for it, but for G/D anglo players it really lends itself to double-noting.

Chris

Chris this is one of the tunes on Rosbif - Bouree a Six I will see if there is a way I can put it on MP3 and post it here

Al

Chris

Is it this tune??

http://abcnotation.com/tunePage?a=www.banjolin.co.uk/banjolin12/music/tunes/abcs/adieulesfille/0000

Here is Will Fly and I playing "Stream to River flow" from our recent CD

Hope you like it

Al

Not really "haunting" but very very nice indeed...

my compliments to both of you!!

It can get pretty scary at two in the morning

Thanks

Al :)

I think this is what you played Chris

Attached a bit of Rosbif playing Les Filles De Mon Pays

Line up French Bechonet "Half Longs" (Bagpipes), Cello, Hurdy Gurdy, Viola, Melodeon and me on Anglo concertina.

Al

Problems I can only download this as a WAV file and it is not being accepted

Any ideas?

Edited by Alan Day

Chris

The tune dates from the 1st world war, I believe, and relates to the fact that, when the men left the land to fight, the women were left in charge of the land. Here's a version on YouTube played by some French musicians, which sounds identical to the version I learned and play in sessions.

Chris

Another couple of tunes worth a mention, are Ale Moller's lovely waltz, Sommervals. Here's his version on YouTube with lyrics.

and Tom Anderson's Da Slockit Light. Here's a YouTube version played by our very own Jeff Leff on a Hayden duet.

Both these tunes are a wonderful addition to the usual session tunes.

Chris

Another couple of tunes worth a mention, are Ale Moller's lovely waltz, Sommervals. Here's his version on YouTube with lyrics.

and Tom Anderson's Da Slockit Light. Here's a YouTube version played by our very own Jeff Leff on a Hayden duet.

Chris

Da Slockit Light's a great tune for getting Fiddlers playing at sessions, the combination of concertina and fiddle goes really well biggrin.gif

I think this is what you played Chris

Attached a bit of Rosbif playing Les Filles De Mon Pays

Line up French Bechonet "Half Longs" (Bagpipes), Cello, Hurdy Gurdy, Viola, Melodeon and me on Anglo concertina.

Al

Problems I can only download this as a WAV file and it is not being accepted

Any ideas?

Look on Web for free software to convert a WAV to an MP3 and that will go up.

How many MB is the WAV file?

Chris

wonderful.