Royal Concertinas,Dungworth,Sheffield

We are considering organising a group/band playing day to be lead by Jeremy and Alan Hague utilising music from the ICA library.The playing part of the day would take place in the village hall which is located 100 yards from The Royal Hotel,where we hold our meetings.We could have lunch and tea at The Royal and have a bit of a "Ram Sammy"in the evening,if there was sufficient interest.Before we commit ourselves,are there any c.net members who would be interested?The cost per person will simply relate to the hire costs of the village hall and the food

We are considering organising a group/band playing day to be lead by Jeremy and Alan Hague utilising music from the ICA library.The playing part of the dayB would take place in the village hall which is located 100 yards from The Royal Hotel,where we hold our meetings.We could have lunch and tea at The Royal and have a bit of a "Ram Sammy"in the evening,if there was sufficient interest.Before we commit ourselves,are there any c.net members who would be interested?The cost per person will simply relate to the hire costs of the village hall and the food

Hi Mark,

I would be interested depending upon which day it is.

Tony.

PS Is there a form to fill in for the BTMW this year?

We are considering organising a group/band playing day to be lead by Jeremy and Alan Hague utilising music from the ICA library.The playing part of the day would take place in the village hall which is located 100 yards from The Royal Hotel,where we hold our meetings.We could have lunch and tea at The Royal and have a bit of a "Ram Sammy"in the evening,if there was sufficient interest.Before we commit ourselves,are there any c.net members who would be interested?The cost per person will simply relate to the hire costs of the village hall and the food

I could be interested, if it was held on a weekend date. the other question I would ask is what would be the grade of playing expected? Would there be separate groups for intermediate and advanced?

regards

John

I'm up for it. I enjoyed the night when Jeremy and Alan came up on that cold night. I didn't expect as a non dot reader on Anglo to be able to join in but found that we could do so quite nicely. Jeremy kindly sent me the arrangement for Handel's March from Scipio (The Trooping of the Colours march of the Grenadier Guards)and The Ash Grove which I have really enjoyed working on.

As long as we have achievable keys we can have a modus vivendismile.gif

Edited by michael sam wild

We are considering organising a group/band playing day to be lead by Jeremy and Alan Hague utilising music from the ICA library.

Sounds enjoyable, though my participation in the near future is unlikely. Getting there from Denmark on my current budget would be a bit of a trick, even if the music includes excerpts from The Magic Flute. :(

Hi,

My dad and I are very flattered that there is interest in this session.

the other question I would ask is what would be the grade of playing expected? Would there be separate groups for intermediate and advanced?

Some of the music in the ICA library is very challenging (!*@!!), so we may have to simplify some of the arrangements, but it would be good if both advanced and intermediate players could play together.

As long as we have achievable keys we can have a modus vivendi

Michael, what keys should we avoid for Anglo players; alternatively are there favourite keys I should look out for?

Once we have an idea who might attend, I'm sure we can tailor accordingly - I may have to speed up my ability to use notation software though, as some arrangements can be quite difficult to read - Stanley in particular.

With best,

Jeremy