Loudest English Concertina?

I like the fact that my Morse Albion treble English concertina can be quite loud.

So, I'm wondering what concertina is potentially the loudest?

Not that the mellow, soft ones aren't great. I like them, too.

But, I have to mic my voice anyway because I don't sing very loud, so it's nice to not even have to mic the concertina -- just the voice.

Who's loud...?

..............Aeola Piccolo.............grown men weep and beg me to stop playing.

(that often happen to me, though !)

I also sold to someone on this forum a Model 22 from the 1905 period which was extraordinarily loud; much louder than anything I've heard from the 1920's onwards.It's hard to describe, but often it's a mix of shear volume but also the quality of the sound that makes it seem louder. I believe the earlier Wheatstones had an "attack" (if that means anything) whereas the later one are "rounder""mellower""fuller".....just MHO ,you've really got to hear them

Robin

post-250-12629014007395_thumb.jpg

So what makes a concertina louder? Metal ends, more open fretwork, steel reeds, etc? If you were asking someone to build a loud English, what would you ask the builder to do differently? I have recorded both a Morse and an old brass reed Wheatstone, and while the tone and initial attack differs, the volume is about the same. I do find that a brighter concertina cuts through a bunch of instruments better than a more mellow instrument, but that has more to do with tone than volume level.