Dazbo

After lurking here for a good while I thought I'd better own up and make myself known. I've read much of the information on this site and found it highly useful, so thanks for existing.

I'm mainly a melodeon player (and member of Melodeon.net - hello to Lester and others that'll know me from there) but got into that by wanting to play a concertina B) . I started out with a 20 button Stagi but, as I didn't want to learn the Irish style and not knowing any concertina players I struggled. I got a melodeon to try and figure out the concertina but fell head over heels in love with the melodeon. My brief flirtation with the anglo ended but I still had the yearning to play a concertina so I tried a Maccann duet from Chris Algar. Unfortunately that instrument turned out to be, well, unplayable. I took it back to Chris and, as he didn't have a duet at a similar price I plumped for an Jones English from about 1905 with brass reeds.

Then I found I was living in a hot bed of squeeze box players and concetrated on that and more or less left the concertina in its case. A couple of weeks ago I decided to get it out and since then have been getting into it more and more and finding out what fun it is (it is also nice and quiet so I can practice scales and such like and still hear the telly). It's also a relief to play stuff that isn't in D or G and not worry about which button and which direction the bellows need to go in - so I reckon that makes it half as difficult to play as the melodeon ;)

So I'm among the minority of melodeon players who also dabble in the English system.

Darren

After lurking here for a good while I thought I'd better own up and make myself known. I've read much of the information on this site and found it highly useful, so thanks for existing.

So I'm among the minority of melodeon players who also dabble in the English system.

Darren

Welcome I recently joined after a few months of 'lurking' and have also found this site highly useful. Great to hear from another English player thats new/dabbling. I had considered the melodeon but discounted it as I thought it might be a bit difficult with the push pull thing (also reason why I chose English rather than Anglo). Good to hear that you are having great fun and perhaps as I am also in Yorkshire we will bump into each other at one of the many meetings that I am finding out about. One next Tuesday at the Royal Hotel in Dungworth (Sheffield area) which other members kindly let me know about.

Hello again dazbo :D ,

the list of "double agents" just keeps on growing!!!!!!!

There's at least 10 of us on here that are "out" melodeon players as well, and several of us are plugged into melodeon.net

catch you soon,

Peter (or should I say anglo X-training ;) )