First Played Accordion, Then Concertina

Played which accordion and then which concertina?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I hope I did this poll correctly. The idea is did you start on accordion and then add the concertina. If so, which accordion and then which type of concertina. By button accordion, I also meant melodeans. Hope I haven't termed everything incorrectly.

This is just for fun. If I did this right, then I'll try concertina first and then accordion.

Please answer, please have fun.

Helen

If you play more than one type of accordion, the one you identify yourself with. And if you play more than one type of concertina, the first one you tried.

Edited by Helen

I can't participate in this one, since I didn't play accordion first. :)

I wonder if it's possible to add a response category to your poll.

I suspect not, but I think it would be helpful to have a "none of the above" category, so you could distinguish between those who would have responded if they fit a category from those who didn't want to respond.

Oh, except that in order to view the poll results I had to declare a non-vote, so now I can't go back and fill in a NOTA vote, anyway. Well, maybe next poll. :unsure:

Edited by JimLucas

Well, Jim, I didn't add a none of the above because the poll was designed specifically for people who had first played accordion and then played concertina. The other poll was the reverse. So paradoxically, I could only vote in one of my own polls.

I figured if you did not fit, then the poll did not encompass your instruments. Perhaps I was wrong. And no, I did not include chromatic accordions.

Basically I was interested in the correlation of concertinas with accordions including the match with piano keys or buttons. Guess I could have been broader, but hey it is my poll and will answer my curiosity.

I'll do better as I get the hang of polling. Maybe.

Helen

Oops. If people vote, but don't post any message, the poll keeps going lower down the page and maybe falls off. So I'll just leave this message hoping to bring it to some people's attention. Also the other poll for the reverse order, concertina first and then accordion.

Thanks.

Helen

Oops. If people vote, but don't post any message, the poll keeps going lower down the page and maybe falls off.
Just helping Helen :D

But Henk, if you (and others) keep doing that, we'll never find out whether she's right. :unsure:

Post a message! Do it now. Do it for the accordions. Do it for the concertinas. Do it for me.

Helen

Looking at the two polls I have my doubt about your neutrality :huh: . Have a look at the attached image. My conclusion is that you have a heart for those people that change from concertina to an accordeon :unsure: !!

post-4-1082409722.gif

Oh Henk you Sweetie,

I played accordion first, albeit just for a tiny bit when I was a very very small child. So I kinda see myself there. And I can only vote in that poll.

But the other poll is curiosity on my part. If you get used to playing the buttons on the concertina, do you go to button accordion? Or is it the type of music you play that leads you to the button accordion? Of course the poll won't say.

But you devil you, you think I am trying to draw people away from the concertina and to the accordion, don't you?

Hee hee hee

You are giving me too much credit.

Hmmmmm. Hmmm.

Helen

Oh hey, just noticed that I am a heavyweight boxer.

Congratulations! :)

(So 500 is the score for that? I was already over 800 when Ken changed the rating system to give me that title. I wonder where the next level lies.)

OK, the rest of you. Come on!

Jim "The Pusher" Lucas

Please don't get the wrong idea.

The "stuff" I "push" has indeed been shown -- in dependent studies -- to be addictive, and even to induce a narcotic state in some individuals.

But in widespread, millenia-long human trials encompassing both sexes, all ages and ethnic groups, and all other major and minor population subgroups, music and music-related activities have been shown to have a signficant positive effect, with no evidence of consequent violent or antisocial behavior, or other psychological or physical disability, or indeed any other undesirable side effects. (An urge to dance is not considered to be undesirable.)