Concertina Clip Art?

What sort of thing are you looking for? I have lots of photos and line drawings developed through my repair & book writing activities

D

Edited by d.elliott

If you go to "Ask Jeeves", type in concertina, scroll to bottom of page and click on search pictures, there are hundreds to choose from.

Some interesting stuff, but how can we be sure these images aren't subject to copyright?

Some interesting stuff, but how can we be sure these images aren't subject to copyright?

Unless you're planning to sell whatever it is, you're pretty much free to use most images. The copyright holder has two avenues of recourse, given that he catches you:

1) a cease and desist order, or

2) suing you for the profits earned by your illicit use of the copyrighted image.

As a result, few copyright holders will bother to pursue non-commercial use of an image. Some years ago, my wife (who is a screen printer) bought a t-shirt with a bootleg Looney Toons image on it from a guy who was hawking them by the hundreds at a local parade and sent it on to Warner Bros. enforcement department. They were so unconcered about the whole thing they didn't even bother to reimburse her for the cost of the shirt. It seems that, unless your selling tens of thousands of bootleg items, the cost of suing far exceeds any possible award.

Trademarks are another ball of wax and tend to be ferociously defended (especially the well-known ones).