Lachenal G-D 20 button

jmm

Converted by Paul Groff from a C-G, this isn't gorgeous to look at, but it sounds great and is in excellent condition. 20 keys. If you are interested, make an offer. I'm in Evanston, IL and would be happy to show it to you if you are in the area.

Converted by Paul Groff from a C-G, this isn't gorgeous to look at, but it sounds great and is in excellent condition. 20 keys. If you are interested, make an offer. I'm in Evanston, IL and would be happy to show it to you if you are in the area.

Is it possible to get more of a description? Are the reeds steel? Mahogany ends or Rosewod? Metal buttons or bone?

I might be interested, but these things would affect any offer I'd care to make.

Is it possible to get more of a description? Are the reeds steel? Mahogany ends or Rosewod? Metal buttons or bone?

I might be interested, but these things would affect any offer I'd care to make.

I'll take some photos and post them tonight. I believe that it is mahogany, and the buttons are bone.

Hi all,

First, I don't want to interfere in any way with the sale. Second, I haven't seen this instrument since I sold it to the current seller so can't vouch for its current condition.

But I would like to add two comments:

1) The seller has been very reliable and honest in all transactions and I recommend her to deal with.

2) This concertina's history with me: It was rebuilt very nicely as a student instrument and owned by a beginner, who came in later to "trade up." However, that owner had not kept it humidified and it had been subject to bad cracking of the ends, and then some amateur repairs. I got it working again but did not invest in redoing the cosmetics. The most cost-effective way to deal with that would probably be to find a similar Lachenal 20 key with uncracked ends that matches the button sizes and positions. There are hundreds if not thousands of those 20 key Lachenals around and unrestored, with brass reeds, they tend to sell for less than $300.... sometimes a *lot* less. I may even have ends myself that fit that instrument. The end result would probably be a much nicer looking instrument, than trying to repair those cracked and misglued ends. Having said all that, when I last sold it, the instrument was working and sounding *really* well so if priced to reflect its cosmetics, it could be a bargain for someone who values playability and sound more than looks. *All depending on what condition it is in right now, which I do not know.*

PG

Paul--

Thanks for adding this information. Did this one really come all the way down from C/G to G/D?

Daniel

Hi all,

First, I don't want to interfere in any way with the sale. Second, I haven't seen this instrument since I sold it to the current seller so can't vouch for its current condition.

But I would like to add two comments:

1) The seller has been very reliable and honest in all transactions and I recommend her to deal with.

2) This concertina's history with me: It was rebuilt very nicely as a student instrument and owned by a beginner, who came in later to "trade up." However, that owner had not kept it humidified and it had been subject to bad cracking of the ends, and then some amateur repairs. I got it working again but did not invest in redoing the cosmetics. The most cost-effective way to deal with that would probably be to find a similar Lachenal 20 key with uncracked ends that matches the button sizes and positions. There are hundreds if not thousands of those 20 key Lachenals around and unrestored, with brass reeds, they tend to sell for less than $300.... sometimes a *lot* less. I may even have ends myself that fit that instrument. The end result would probably be a much nicer looking instrument, than trying to repair those cracked and misglued ends. Having said all that, when I last sold it, the instrument was working and sounding *really* well so if priced to reflect its cosmetics, it could be a bargain for someone who values playability and sound more than looks. *All depending on what condition it is in right now, which I do not know.*

PG

• 2 weeks later...