Scumbag Millionaire - This year's feelgood film

For the record, I thought the opening post was perfectly acceptable for a family forum.

I didn't understand it, but I did think it was perfectly acceptable. ;)

There must be other films with a concertina connection.

Maybe a sequel to the English Patient: The Anglo Patient.

Edited by Mikefule

This could degenerate into an "Oh yes it is, oh no it isn't" if we aren't careful. I think we should shelve the discussion or have it as a poll.

For the record, I had no problem with the OP.

Chris

If I'm not mistaken, it's the official title of the movie. No big deal. It's supposedly a true story.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

This could degenerate into an "Oh yes it is, oh no it isn't" if we aren't careful. I think we should shelve the discussion or have it as a poll.

For the record, I had no problem with the OP.

Chris

If I'm not mistaken, it's the official title of the movie. No big deal. It's supposedly a true story.

Thanks

Leo

The real movie is "Slumdog" Millionaire.

I'm not comfortable in a forum where a jokey use of a term with "negative connotations" not aimed at any individual or used with any intention of causing offence provokes censure.

The real movie is "Slumdog" Millionaire.

I'm not comfortable in a forum where a jokey use of a term with "negative connotations" not aimed at any individual or used with any intention of causing offence provokes censure.

Hi Mike

That's not the same movie. That was released in Jan. 09.

Thanks

Leo

The word was a pun on the film Slumdog Millionaire which won an award recently. I found it a bit patronising but accepted its entertainment value. My film 'scenario' was an ironic one but I'm sure someone will make a parody version!

Over here a 'scumbag' is not a used condom it is widely used for anti-social or unpleasant low lives who make other people'slives a misery

However to avoid offence I've removed the post

Apologies

Mike

Another case of 2 nations divided by a common language?

Just been on YouTube, someone's already made a spoof with that title about Bernie Madoff the bent financier billionaire. It's also been used a a headline in the Sun tabloid .

Edited by michael sam wild