My First Concertina Show

Hello, friends!

Last saturday was my first time... with my anglo concertina. I Had a show in Leganés (a town near Madrid) in the XXV Aniversary of the "Casa de Salamanca" (a assotiation with people of Salamanca who live in Madrid).

I ussually play "gaita y tamboril" (three hole flute and tabor) and the called to me to play this instrument. But I play concertina too... and the loved it!

Well, I only played two tunes: "Los pajaritus" and "La Adelaida" (you can see them in youtube, they are my last videos for the moment). I could put the videos from my show, but they are a very low quality videos.

However, what a beautiful moment! I hope to have more moments like this in the future.

Today I can say: I'm a concertina player!

:D

Hi tamborileru

Would that be these two?

Spain

Los pajaritus (Los pajaritos de San Antonio)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HTeYtHml5aY&fmt=18

La Adelaida

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcvultoUbGY&fmt=18

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php...ost&p=77352

I could put the videos from my show, but they are a very low quality videos.
:(

Put them up! I'd still like to see them. :)

Leo

• 4 weeks later...
"La Adelaida" is the name of a traditional pasodoble from Zamora, in Spain. The dancers (that wear the traditional clothes from Peñaparda, in Salamanca) were dancing pasodoble.

Thanks. It's a nice tune.

Hello, friends!

Last saturday was my first time... with my anglo concertina. I Had a show in Leganés (a town near Madrid) in the XXV Aniversary of the "Casa de Salamanca" (a assotiation with people of Salamanca who live in Madrid).

I ussually play "gaita y tamboril" (three hole flute and tabor) and the called to me to play this instrument. But I play concertina too... and the loved it!

Well, I only played two tunes: "Los pajaritus" and "La Adelaida" (you can see them in youtube, they are my last videos for the moment). I could put the videos from my show, but they are a very low quality videos.

However, what a beautiful moment! I hope to have more moments like this in the future.

Today I can say: I'm a concertina player!

:D

From one Concertina player to another I say ... Well done. :)

I know the feeling well, cause you see I just used my English Concertina for the first time in a show ... last night.

It feels good to get out there & promote the Concertina, doesn't it.

Cheers

Dick

Congratulations!

Yes, I felt very well playing concertina in public, and the people enjoy with my new instrument (they only had seen me playing three hole flut and tabor). It's a nice sensation.

I use this words to present this theme (I write first in Spanish and, later, I'm try to translate in English):

"Esto es un acordeón diatónico que se llama concertina y para la música tradicional viene muy bien. En muchos de nuestros pueblos, aparte de tamborileros, pandereteras de Peñaparda, estaban los acordeonistas que tocaban en los bailes de los pueblos para bailar, por ejemplo, los pasodobles. Voy a interpretar uno que se llama La Adelaida".

"This is a diatonic accordion called concertina that is very good for the traditional music. In many of ours villages, besides the tamborileros, tambourine players from Peñaparda, were the accordion players that played in the village's dances to dance, for example, the pasodobles. I'm going to play one of them called La Adelaida".

Well, congratulations for your first time. :)