Does This Look Odd To Any Of You?

Has anyone seen Duet buttons spaced like this?

http://hmi.homewood.net/duet/008.jpg

Hmmm...I see the link and can open the photo...it does look slightly odd for a duet...spacing seems to have a mid-row hiccup...custom built for someone with an arthritic hand or a missing finger? Do both sides have the same irregularity?

Doug

If that's a Maccan, (from the 6 button rows) is it an attempt to distinguish the 'floating accidentals' in the middle of the keyboard by pulling them out of line? The ordinary notes are in lines, the E flats are out. But why put the middle B off line?

I can see the sense in it if that's so, it'd give you that bit more confidence with location

If that's a Maccan, (from the 6 button rows) is it an attempt to distinguish the 'floating accidentals' in the middle of the keyboard by pulling them out of line? The ordinary notes are in lines, the E flats are out. But why put the middle B off line?

I can see the sense in it if that's so, it'd give you that bit more confidence with location.

Following the same logic, and assuming its a Maccann, the left hand side makes sense for the D/D# row, if the lowest note is a C. The right hand also seems to make more sense ( although still not totally logical) if you assume the lowest note is a C rather than a G.

But then again Bob, Dave Elliott sent me a keyboard diagram a while back that was a Maccann pitched in Bb, so expect the unexpected if you try to work out the notes!

Edited by wes williams

follow up for those who are interested,

the buttons follow a Mccaan system, although the Bb and Eb keys are stepped aside to form their own row.

From Gaskins site I see that Eb keys on the RH side are typically appear in adjacent rows. perhaps this "oddification" (hmm, I have coined a new word here) was performed to allow octave doubles remain in the same vertical row as do the octave notes in the remainder of the Mccaan system.

Bob Tedrow