New Wheatstone Scam

david robertson

Hello David,

This concertina is still listed (7:18 Canadian Eastern Time) on ebay. I wrote to the seller an email requesting permission to visit with him to check out this concertina. I do not live too far from the seller's "address location. "Mozaic" is not even a proper last name ... it describes a scammer's character ...lies and deception.

I wrote to the seller an email requesting permission to visit with him to check out this concertina. I do not live too far from the seller's address location.

I also asked if I could send a friend to check it out - no reply yet, though...

E-bay are certainly taking their time about removing the listing - maybe they leap into action a little faster if the complaint comes from an aggrieved seller rather than a buyer?

I wrote to the seller an email requesting permission to visit with him to check out this concertina. I do not live too far from the seller's address location.

I also asked if I could send a friend to check it out - no reply yet, though...

E-bay are certainly taking their time about removing the listing - maybe they leap into action a little faster if the complaint comes from an aggrieved seller rather than a buyer?

When I went to check it out, it came up as 'invalid item', so I guess it's been removed. What kind of concertina is it that you bought David?

Chris

What kind of concertina is it that you bought David?

Chris

It's a 64-button Aeloa - tenor/treble, to judge by the description. It looks pretty sound. and is claimed to be in concert pitch (though I've heard these tales before). In any case I expect it will need new pads, valves and bushes, and I'll probably refinish the ends.

What kind of concertina is it that you bought David?

Chris

It's a 64-button Aeloa - tenor/treble, to judge by the description. It looks pretty sound. and is claimed to be in concert pitch (though I've heard these tales before). In any case I expect it will need new pads, valves and bushes, and I'll probably refinish the ends.

Wow, a potentially very nice instrument from your description of it David. I'd love to see some photos of it if you can take some and post them here when you have it in your possession. Are you planning to sell it once you have refurbished it?

Chris

Edited by Chris Drinkwater

Wow, a potentially very nice instrument from your description of it David. I'd love to see some photos of it if you can take some and post them here when you have it in your possession. Are you planning to sell it once you have refurbished it?

Chris

Here are a couple of pics from the original listing. Yes, I will be selling once it's completed - I'll offer it here first before putting it on e-Bay - but don't hold your breath! I still have to earn a living by other means, and I still have a 60-button Edeophone to finish.

That's a lot of buttons - maybe it's extended at both ends of the range!

That's a lot of buttons - maybe it's extended at both ends of the range!

At both ends of the standard 48-button treble range... yes. Up to the high G of an "extended treble" and down to the C-below-middle-C of the standard tenor-treble. I have one just like it.