Fonts Used For Lachenal/wheatstone Numbers

...I don't think it's necessary that the stamped numerals adhered to any particular named font.

Not necessary but I'd be really surprised if they didn't adhere closely. Inventing fonts is more complex than one might think, and no-one in business is going to spend the time when they could copy one.

I don't doubt that, but the copy could depart from the original in amounts that most people would find insignificant, yet which would still exceed the limits of an official font specification. The story I related in my earlier post illustrated just how strict the specification of a named font can be.

In the context of this enquiry, which is presumably to replace a missing number, I think the results could depart from the technical specifications a little and be OK.

Incidentally, I think the N in the Jeffries is the same font, just upside down.

Incidentally, I think the N in the Jeffries is the same font, just upside down.

I'm sure it follows the design of a proper N of the same "font", but it's reflected... И rather than N.

The reversal can't be made by simply turning the stamp upside down when using it. It occurred in the mind of the person who made the stamp.

Many thanks for the web pages and suggestions.

Will pass them on to my customer and he may be able to draw some conclusions by comparison with his concertinas.

Personally, I am reminded of the John Bull Printing Set I had as a small boy.... :lol:

MC

Many thanks for the web pages and suggestions.

Will pass them on to my customer and he may be able to draw some conclusions by comparison with his concertinas.

Personally, I am reminded of the John Bull Printing Set I had as a small boy.... :lol:

MC

We still have the tooling for a version of John Bull Printing Sets in our Tool racks but it is not a Bodoni derivative from memory but I will get it out when I have time as it would be O K for Lachenal Labels

Sorry about the last post but its a bit like playing the Tina sometimes you press the wrong button!

Sorry about the last post but its a bit like playing the Tina sometimes you press the wrong button!

When that happens, you should use the Edit button on the fresh post.

Then you can add to it or otherwise alter it without having to create a second one. ;)