Ssi (scandinavian Squeeze-in) 2007

I posted the information here in the "Public News & Announcements" subForum, but it seems that some people don't read that section. (I've received a couple of inquiries about the dates after I posted them.) So I'm also making the announcement here.

SSI 2007 will be held at the usual location, during the last weekend in May. That's May 25-27.

Contact information and other details can be found on our new web site.

If you have any questions, please ask, either here or through the email link on the web site.

I hope that our delay it setting the dates doesn't cause problems for any who would like to join us. (The event is still three months away, though some may have been expecting it a month earlier, as we used to hold it.)

I also hope for more new faces this year, including young ones. However, our youngest participant was already with us last year (see the group photo on the web site). At this year's SSI he'll be just over a year old. :)

For those with Google Earth on board, just download the attached "Torna-H.txt" attachment to your PC. Rename "Torna-H.txt" into "Torna-H.kmz" and run this file / (double)click on it.

This procedure is a bit complicated, because the forum software does not allow files with the .kmz extension.

Torna_H.txt

For those without Google Earth, I've attached a screen-shot. It brings back good memories!

post-37-1172647309_thumb.jpg

Nice work Jim. The website is a big improvement!

It does indeed. Thanks for that, I could trace some of our favourite walks in the area. Sadly after 6 consecutive years, we won't be making the 7th trip to Torna Hällestad. Have a pint for me at Tolvan.

Chris

Edited to change continuous to consecutive as making more sense.

Edited by Chris Timson

I really enjoyed myself last year at my first SSI. Thought I'd make it this year too, but sadly (or gladly) I'm singing at a festival in Åmål that week-end. http://granslos.net/forening/index.html so can't make it. Pity.

Yes Chris. I'd like a drink there too. Good vibes in that pub. But you know as you were two (Chris & Anne) it should be two pints. Now who's going to have the other one??

Chas

Yes Chris. I'd like a drink there too. Good vibes in that pub. But you know as you were two (Chris & Anne) it should be two pints. Now who's going to have the other one??

Ah, but shouldn't each of us who will be there have a pint in honor of each veteran who's missing, to encourage their return in 2008?

And of course we'll spill a few drops for the Norse gods, so that they'll give their blessing and assistance to the future of the SSI.

:)

Ah, but shouldn't each of us who will be there have a pint in honor of each veteran who's missing, to encourage their return in 2008?

And of course we'll spill a few drops for the Norse gods, so that they'll give their blessing and assistance to the future of the SSI.

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

I've finally updated our
with some history (including photos) and helpful (I hope) links.
Remember, you're all invited; you don't have to be Scandinavian.

Check out the web site's History section to get a better idea of what it's like.

I sure wish I could go. Sounds like a lovely event.

Mark G

http://markgilston.com/

Interesting to see that the people who came in 2002 remembered exactly where they stood and how the instruments were arranged so that the picture for 2003 looks almost identical :P

Oops! It is!

............. Or was.

I have now "corrected" the error.

I didn't have a 2002 group photo of my own, so I had taken the one from Pontus' web site, but (was it late? was I tired?) that was the photo publicizing 2003, so it was actually the group from 2002.

The photo for 2003 that I've now put up temporarily is only our instruments, taken inside, which I now recall was necessary because that was the year it rained on Sunday. So I'm now looking for group photos for both 2003 and 2004. I suspect that Pontus may be able to provide them, but that may take a week or more, as he and Louise have just moved into their new home, and everything -- even the computer -- still needs to be unpacked. If anyone else who attended either of those years could provide me with photos, I'd much appreciate it.

By the way, Lester, any chance of our seeing you there again this year? :)

By the way, Lester, any chance of our seeing you there again this year? :)

I would love to make it but am at the really difficult bit of delivering a major project (the end :-) ) so i'm not at home much let alone allowed to enjoy myself :angry:

• 1 month later...
SSI 2007 will be held at the usual location, during the last weekend in May. That's May 25-27.

Contact information and other details can be found on our new web site.

Just under two weeks to go before this year's SSI.

Though the web site says that today was the deadline for booking, we'll be happy to take a few more. Contact information is on the web site, but you can also send me a PM here on C.net. However, we do need to have the final head mouth count before next Monday (May 21), so that our caterer will know how much food to buy.

I'm pleased to say that we'll have some new faces this year, as well as various old friends.

Those who are coming, I look forward to seeing you there. And once it's over, I plan to post reviews and photos for all to see.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mick Diles
I think that reviews should be appearing soon, but right now I'm going to get some sleep.

Jim,

I hope you slept well. However the main reason for my mail is to save this thread from oblivion and keep it on page one.

I think that reviews should be appearing soon, but right now I'm going to get some sleep.
Jim,

I hope you slept well. However the main reason for my mail is to save this thread from oblivion and keep it on page one.

Thanks, though I hope the "bump" is unnecessary, because

• I hope to find the time soon to write a short review... and something with photos for the SSI web site.
  • I'm really hoping that some of the other participants will write here about their experiences. If it really was as good as I feel it was, we who arranged it shouldn't need to be the ones saying so.
  • I'll soon be starting a separate Topic about SSI 2008, but here's a preview: We've already chosen the dates, returning to our former "standard" of the last full weekend in April. I.e., SSI 2008 is scheduled for April 25-27, 2008.