Lesser Mortals

Gosh These things get very complicated. Is there a much lower level on the discussion forum. One which is ,perhaps,open to dingbats.No technical stuff,no abuse ,no. my dad is better than your dad stuff.Just something about enjoying ourselves and by doing so hopefully improving. Regards Dingbat.

Yes, there's plenty of technical stuff, some which I join in with, some of which I don't because it's way out of my league. But I still read it because often I learn things. And there is disagreement, because there sometimes is in families. In the main, though, this is a friendly, helpful forum. It's a good place to hang out. I just wish it sold decent beer ...

You must have looked in on a bad day. Though there have been a couple of rogue posters over the years, in the main what you describe hasn't been my experience, and what you are looking for has.

Chris

Yes, there's plenty of technical stuff, some which I join in with, some of which I don't because it's way out of my league. But I still read it because often I learn things. And there is disagreement, because there sometimes is in families. In the main, though, this is a friendly, helpful forum. It's a good place to hang out. I just wish it sold decent beer ...

You must have looked in on a bad day. Though there have been a couple of rogue posters over the years, in the main what you describe hasn't been my experience, and what you are looking for has.

Chris

Hello Chris, No. It wasn't a bad day. I agree with most of your comments,but I didn't describe anything.My post was an attempt to"lighten' things up a little and to concentrate on the enjoyment factor.I read and learn from the posts here. I appreciate it all, but,whenever I think the technicalities are taking over from the joy and pleasure of music I feel sad. Regards Geoff.

...but isn't that a glass of John Smiths in that pic? :rolleyes:

Well, it's a John Smiths glass, it doesn't mean it has to be John Smiths in it. One can but hope. Last Monday at the session the Bath Ales Gem was stonkingly good. You should have made the treck over from Chippenham!

Chris

PS I'm intrigued by the concertinas. The eight sided one on the left looks as if it might be a Tedrow, I've no idea about the other one.

Edited by Chris Timson

Well, it's a John Smiths glass, it doesn't mean it has to be John Smiths in it. One can but hope. Last Monday at the session the Bath Ales Gem was stonkingly good. You should have made the treck over from Chippenham!

Uhhh, a technical question...what is a stonk? :huh: Is it like Bovril? :rolleyes: And as our Tasmanian friend says, please no abuse!

Well, it's a John Smiths glass, it doesn't mean it has to be John Smiths in it. One can but hope.

It may be a John Smiths glass, but it was Adnams Ale inside it (a local Southwold brew, and one of the best beers I've ever come across).

I'm intrigued by the concertinas. The eight sided one on the left looks as if it might be a Tedrow, I've no idea about the other one.

Spot on with the Tedrow, It's a CG Baritone, ordered as a result of this thread. The other one is a Lachenal/Pheonix made for Chris Alger by Wim Wakker.