Forum Problem?

Anyone else been having problems in the last half hour, or so, or do I just have a very sick computer? :unsure:

I've had response problems on and off this morning, but they haven't been limited to C.net. I figured it was the local phone company being short on capacity, but maybe it was a problem with the North Atlantic link? Thinking back, I realize it was various North American sites where I was having problems.

Anyone else been having problems in the last half hour, or so, or do I just have a very sick computer? :unsure:

Thanks,

Peter.

I'm getting a LONG pause every time I navigate from one page to another, then a window springs up complaining about a .wmf file (I think that's some sort of windows media file ?? )

Maybe it's associated with an ad?

The Popup says: You have chosen to open xpl.wmf which is a BIN file from http:count4all.net - what should Firefox do with this file?

Hmmm... sounds like a third party visitor counter - maybe that's the bit that's currently giivng C-net grief.

Chris J

Edited by spindizzy

I was getting virus alerts and Java errors when I came to the forum, and then the notice about downloading a WMF file (which is capable of containg viruses).

I disabled Java and Javascript and the forum operates normally.

Edited by Theodore Kloba