Concertina Player Wanted In Cornwall

Hi

I do not play the concertina but would like to meet someone who does in the West Cornwall area (specifically Helston) I am starting a Morris side in Porthleven and wondered if there are any musicians who can play for us.

Please reply to maxwilliams56@hotmail.com

thanks and best regards

Max

Hi

I do not play the concertina but would like to meet someone who does in the West Cornwall area (specifically Helston) I am starting a Morris side in Porthleven and wondered if there are any musicians who can play for us.

Please reply to maxwilliams56@hotmail.com

thanks and best regards

Max

I will copy your message on to the ICA members mailing list, and hopefully some West Country members will pick it up from there.

regards

John Wild

There's a chap called Alan who moved down to Mevagisie I think(never coud spell it, sorry). He was from Cambridgeshire and his wife is Cornish. He moved a cuple of years back and we lost contact, but if you come across him, he definately plays morris and he usually carries at least 2 anglos. His wife sings.

Alan is tall and thin and if I remember his last name I'll post it. I may even have an address around somewhere. If you do find him, mention Cat in the Mangle or Hilary and Pat; if he changes colour, he knows us! :rolleyes:

My memory has now clicked into gear.

Tattered Swan used to have an Anglo player. Back in 1990, I photographed him celebrating his 40th Birthday at Wadebridge Folk Festival (photo published in Concertina & Squeezebox No.24). I forwarded copies, for which he was very greatful, having no recollection of the day :wacko: .

Carn Brea had at least one concertina player back in 1983.

So, it's ancient history, but if these teams are still in existence, they might know of other concertina players in Cornwall.

Regards,

Peter.

One of North America's finest Morris dancers (and an anglo and Melodeon player) lives close to you in St Ives...........he has re-located there. I could send you his details........he was a founder of the Canadian Thames Valley MM.............Cheers Robin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Max,

Did you have any joy finding a concertina player?

Regards,

Peter.

Hi Peter

Yes thank you I found someone but of course we are always after dancers and musicians so the post is still open to anyone wanting to join the team or the band.

Max

Hi Peter

Yes thank you I found someone but of course we are always after dancers and musicians so the post is still open to anyone wanting to join the team or the band.

Max

Hi Max,

Good news, then. Wish I could offer to help, but you would not be able to afford my expenses! Still, maybe there will be other Forum members who live within easy commuting distance.

Regards,

Peter.