Spurious Jeffries Auction On Ebay

Stephen Chambers

Regular eBay seller Bobsug is auctioning a concertina at the moment which he describes as a "Concertina by Jeffries 48 key.Outstanding", Item number: 7352372334, but it is evidently a metal-ended Lachenal "New Model" English with bowing valves.

I have informed him that it is really a Lachenal, but he has not changed his description.

And I asked for an identifying Jeffries marking that would differentiate it from its look alike Lachenal cousins. I'm still waiting for a reply. Good thing I can hold my breath for days or even weeks when it comes to a Jeffries english.

Greg

PS. Wheeeshoooosh! Ah! Much better!

And I asked for an identifying Jeffries marking that would differentiate it from its look alike Lachenal cousins.

Didn't you see that little curly-cue in the fretwork, it's clearly a "J". What more proof do you need? :blink:

Good thing I can hold my breath for days or even weeks when it comes to a Jeffries english.

In with the good air, out with the bad air, in with the good air... :lol:

Regular eBay seller Bobsug is auctioning a concertina at the moment which he describes as a "Concertina by Jeffries 48 key.Outstanding", Item number: 7352372334, but it is evidently a metal-ended Lachenal "New Model" English with bowing valves.

I have informed him that it is really a Lachenal, but he has not changed his description.

He says, "It has lost its hand straps...," when we know it never had any, but the thumb straps are there. And he describes the bowing valves as "brass mufflers".

I thought he knew concertinas. He's sold others in the past. His feedbacks are mostly positive, but he's had a few this year which were very negative, with details that would seem to constitute a warning.

In any case, if he doesn't correct his listing, I think eBay should be informed. Deliberate or not, it is fraudulent.