US private seller with 1 Edgley, 2 Thomas concertinas for immediate delivery

Sean F Hear

[EDITED LISTING. TWO SALES COMPLETED]

My late spouse acquired these hand-crafted Anglo concertinas as new between 2007-2014. Our sons’ musical interests lie elsewhere, so I’m now selling these fine instruments. I’m posting here at the suggestion of one of the makers. I’m new to this forum, so patience, please.

All these concertinas were tested in early 2020 and were found to be in top shape. They have no marks, flaws, or other damage, and have been kept well-humidified. Each includes one hard-sided carrying case and the original maker’s receipt. A few details:

·       Edgley Concertina - #190 – baritone, professional model with angled reed pans, C/G modified Jeffries, seven-fold bellows, curly maple, with custom-fitted case – acquired 12-3-2007.  About Edgley Concertinas: https://www.concertinas.ca/

·       Thomas Concertina - #7 – 31-button, seven-fold bellows, small size, C/G – acquired 4-14-2010.

·       Thomas Concertina - #13 – 31 button, seven-fold bellows, small size, Bb/F – acquired 1-13-2014.  About Thomas Concertinas: http://www.thomasconcertinas.com/

I have pictures online; if you provide me a Gmail address and tell me which instrument interests you, I will give you access to the folder via your email; if not Gmail, I'll attach photos in reply. My email is mzee1951@gmail.com. I will create and share additional pictures on request.

I live in the Chicago area, so for potential buyers wanting to handle the instruments before purchase, we might arrange to meet at one of the Irish music sessions held weekly in this area.   

Thanks for the look!

Edited by Sean F Hear
two sold; clarity, too

10 minutes ago, Devils' Dream said:

Why all the hocus pocus?   Why not post the access to picture folders?  Also prices?  With respect smells of scam.  Not the way it's usually done.

With respect, I want to converse with persons of serious intent to buy. My offer to do live online video chats with potential buyers can be seen as evidence I am not a scammer. Because I have 5 instruments to offer, I set this up in a way that I think will minimize the chance of any misunderstandings if any inquiry leads to a sale. This isn't my hobby, so it should be no surprise if I approach this in a way that is not usually done. As I said in the post, patience, please.

• Like 3

• Sean F Hear changed the title to US private seller with 1 Carroll, 1 Edgley, 2 Thomas concertinas for immediate delivery
  • Sean F Hear changed the title to US private seller with 1 Edgley, 2 Thomas concertinas for immediate delivery