Want to buy: G/D and/or D/A

Leah Velleman

Title basically says it all. I'm looking for a 30+ button G/D to play morris tunes on. I'd also be interested in a D/A with at least 24 buttons — or, in any case, one that has a C-natural and F-natural in the main octave.

(Yes, I know D/A's are scarce. But if there happened to be one out there, I'd be interested.)

Edited by Leah Velleman

I have a 20 button Lachenal D/A Anglo concertina. I bought it because I thought it would be handy if any tunes were played in A at music sessions, it would be easier than trying to play on a conventional concertina using the accidental buttons. The problem I have is that whenever this occurs I never have the D/A Anglo with me as it doesn't get used enough to carry it round with me. A chicken and egg problem for which I have never bothered to find a work round! I would, therefore, be prepared to sell it to someone who would make better use of it.

I would sell it for about £475 UK pounds, but you would then have to add on the postage from the UK. I don't know how much the postage would be but it is likely to be quite significant. It comes with a soft case, which is good for protecting it round the house but it is not padded enough to be a proper "gig bag".

If you are interested, message me and I will send a video so you can see what condition it is in and hear what it sounds like.

Posted (edited)

Ah, thinking about it more, I do think I'd need more than 20 buttons on a D/A — I do want a C-natural, and ideally even an F-natural. I'll update the post. 

Edited by Leah Velleman