FS: Anglo 20b Lachenal CG

papawemba

For sale a nice 20b Lachenal anglo concertina in C/G with steel reeds and a new 6 fold black bellows (not sturdy ! Works super well). 
It is nicely airtight and the 6 fold bellows is great for beginner (more air, less frustrations 😉
Layout is standard Lachenal but this one has a low A on draw very left of G row, which is great for Irish, open possibilities, more tunes and chords.

It has a nice set of reeds with a nice Lachenal tone. Fully restored by Theo Gibb about 10 months ago.

A crack appear on right side; It has been professionally restored and does not affect sound or quality in anyway. 
In fact, I owned/tried about five 20b Lachenal (always going back to them !), with some supposed super-fast rosewood one...But this one is my favorite ! 
Nice player, tone and volume.
Please check video for demonstration of the concertina (recorded with basic smartphone).
https://youtu.be/3wqvNaUI2nA

Price is 550eur. Can send anywhere, from Belgium.
Sad to see it go but 20b seem awkward now 😊

Nicolas

20230918_094949.jpg

20230918_094958.jpg

20230918_095010.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Will look into it. I may still be interested in this one. I wonder if keeping like a humidifier in the closet where I keep it would help. A board only cracked once I was just hoping this one might be laminated. I sure do like it! Let me check current currency rate so I can see what the final price would be in us dollars. Thanks!

23 hours ago, Sean01 said:

Will look into it. I may still be interested in this one. I wonder if keeping like a humidifier in the closet where I keep it would help. A board only cracked once I was just hoping this one might be laminated. I sure do like it! Let me check current currency rate so I can see what the final price would be in us dollars. Thanks!

I'm coincidentally visiting Arizona at the moment and my Lachenal is doing great (coming from front range Colorado), but I also keep it in the case with some Boveda 49% packs and a humidistat that I threw in with the case when I got them to slowly adjust.  I also keep some and the instrument in a plastic bag with a couple of small holepunches too to slow the dry-down process even more.  The tighter and better fit a case you can have, the better for that steady ramp too.

As long as you do a slow transition for an instrument long-term changing climate (ie the process above, slowly accostoming it to being played at the climate and altitude out of the case, keeping it generally within a 15-20 F temp range for the first 6 months, etc), I'd be pretty confident that everything would settle well, provided there's no reedpan cracks or major leaks before it's sent.

You can also ask for the humidity of where its sent from and thrown in humidty packs at that level when you get it if you want to do slow, but I've found for the settling and for year round and travel the 49s work the best for keeping it in a good range and from getting too humid if I'm around more water and heat.  They're honestly usually the only things in my cases for home and travel and they end up being high humidity and taper controls in the end since they'll always eventually turn into thin crunchy packs after a few months of being home.

Hopefully that helps a bit with looking at older concertinas!  Slow tapers for that first while, and you should be good!

• Thanks 1