Tedrow has arrived and it is FANTASTIC!!!

That chart is mind-boggling, with all those different chords just for A. I have been playing for over 50 years and have never felt the need for very many chords. When I was a child my grandfather showed me a few chords on the piano, which I now recognise as what guitarists call the "three chord trick". Those are essentially what I use on the Anglo, though usually not all the possible notes of a chord at the same time.

A one-row melodion has just two chords, one on pull and one on push, and those serve well enough.

I'm not saying no-one ever needs some of those chords, but I think I am saying Walk before you run.

• Like 1

Of course, you can also find out chords quite simply in Anglo by fact that most adjacent buttons will make a 'third' when pressed together; eg. Button 3 left side ( middle C natural).pressed with next button to it will be C and E... Whilst same buttons with bellows moved outward and you now have D and F ..Of course that is incredibly basic explanation but it is also good to find out by pressing buttons together and learning by ear which do and does not sound good.. pressing a few buttons together at one time can make interesting results!🌝You will soon learn which sounds good and which sound horrible!😊

Edited by SIMON GABRIELOW
  • Like 1

Sometimes you can choose a really good discordant sound ( quite deliberately) to give strange atmosphere to a performance; a stormy or dramatic effect maybe. All kinds of things are possible within the hands given practice and experience over time. What you have is really a small reed organ with big capabilities🌝

• Like 1