There is a difference between a screw and a bolt. I don’t know how McNeela assembles their concertinas, but I suspect they are bolts. You will search more efficiently if you search for the right item. But you also need the pitch of the thread, or it may not fit in the nut that is buried in the bellows. I would ask McNeela directly if you can get one from them. I once had to ask a machinist to duplicate a bolt for my concertina (after extensive search) and it was not cheap.

The end bolts are probably 2.5mm, which is a standard size for a metric thread.

The description you will usually fined would for these is M2.5 x 40mm machine screws.  

For example on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcingmap®-Stainless-Steel-Phillips-Screws/dp/B012TE1W4C/ref=sr_1_3?crid=VQ8X9KJQ2SVO&keywords=machine+screws+uk+M2.5+x+40&qid=1687100576&sprefix=machine+screws+uk+m2.5+x+40%2Caps%2C73&sr=8-3

I agree with Theo and Stephen. It could be M2.3 or 8BA (2.2mm dia), but those are less likely than M2.5. The end bolts I make for my own instruments are 30mm long (and I sometimes shorten them further). Partly-threaded vs fully-threaded doesn't matter a great deal as long as it is threaded far enough that you don't run out of thread before they are fully tight.

If M2.5x30 would work, you could consider these:

https://www.accu.co.uk/cheese-head-screws/6495-SFE-M2-5-30-A2

On 6/18/2023 at 1:30 PM, Panama Davey said:

Can anyone refer a source for 2.4 x 40 mm screws? These are used on McNeela endplates and I have not been able to find them anywhere.

You need to search for M2.5 x 40, but you'll find they come in various materials and with all sorts of different heads on them.

Buying single (or small quantities of) screws also tends to be relatively expensive (hence I bought a bag of 500 M2.5 x 30s), whilst Paraic McNeela is probably your best bet for a perfect match.

Gentlemen,

Your prompt response is appreciated. They are, however 'screws'  not 'bolts', although I wish they were...They screw directly into the wood frame. There is no nut or any such device and the thread would be described as self-tapping.

Thank you all for your efforts.

2ep3tuusvv.jpg

1 hour ago, Panama Davey said:

They are, however 'screws'  not 'bolts', although I wish they were...They screw directly into the wood frame.

In that case, Hobgoblin sell something very similar, though the postage is expensive: Sherwood Bolts End Bolt, Kirklees Concertina, Concertina Accessories, @Hobgoblin

But I'd still say try Paraic McNeela...

Edited by Stephen Chambers

These pickup mounting screws should do the job: #3 x 1 3/8" (35mm) P90/ Thunderbird Round head Phillips Mounting Screws - Qty 10 Or, maybe better-still, these (but you'd need to countersink them): #3 X 1.74" (44.2mm) Slotted Oval Head Wood Screw - Filtertron - Qty 10

Screw Size Inch Decimal Metric Equivalent
#3 0.099 in. 2.51 mm