Black wheatstone

• 8 months later...

So the black wheatstone linota interesting the reed pan feels almost twice the weight of the normal one ,this one model thats eaven lighter , im gonna insert the image 

image.jpg

Edited by Jacokotze
Spelling

The ebonised concertina appears to utilise brass reed frames, the metal ended instrument Aluminium reed frames. there will be a weight difference, as was intended. 

• 5 weeks later...

Finished !restoring my favourite concertina  , the hours I’ve put in is unbelievable its perfectly tuned to cg using lead  method , strangely enough it beats all my normal concertina with the loudest warmest sound .the no 303.. linota 3 riveted action row i had thats 100 years old this year,there was 2-3 notes that came out super unbelievabley loud but stil 3 row is not the ideal concertina vor  our music +the post war linota i hand no50..( thats numbers got lost on the leage) had more like a car horn sound also special but not as the 3.. number 

325E7DC3-45C5-47ED-BF11-3CB18FD344A7.jpeg

On 1/16/2024 at 9:59 PM, d.elliott said:

The ebonised concertina appears to utilise brass reed frames, the metal ended instrument Aluminium reed frames. there will be a weight difference, as was intended. 

Maby is the brass frames i think your correct . the wood looks like its the same family so there wil be no weight difference