WTB a fixer upper/poor condition anglo concertina

Surly Boy

• 2 weeks later...

Then there is this!  If you wanted an anglo, that is.

/www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155450378964?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l1120&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=eac3f2bf7f2f44c085dce87ab28d6ebb&bu=43111659978&ut=RU&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1~1&crd=20230313030344&segname=11021

Wow, a Jeffries knockoff.  Were those common?  I don't remember reading about them in the big article on the firm.  And the stamps they used always looked quality, unlike the merely functional one seen here, aside from too many folds in the bellows.  Still...being a copy of everyone's favorite company will it only sell for £2k or something?  🙄

LR71

The vendor sent me some additional pictures which - to my eyes at least - confirm that the base instrument is a Lachenal with their typical gate and lever action rather than a riveted lever.  The stamp on the fretted ends looks like the C Jeffries font, but the ends themselves aren't as finely detailed as you'd expect from a C Jeffries.

Restored, it might be worth what a typical 30 key Lachenal would be, but the vendor didn't tell me (or didn't know) what keys the instrument is in

Alex West