Is the treble chart below the lyrics? this picture come from the Hayden-All-Systems-Duet-Workshop-Tutor

luli

Or are you asking about the curious treble clef? It's like that throughout the book. Each double stave seems to be identical.

Probably only Brian will know why it appears like that.  My guess is that  a Roneo Machine was involved.

2 hours ago, DaveRo said:

Probably only Brian will know why it appears like that.  My guess is that  a Roneo Machine was involved

Learning and Playing

WW: I've heard you are writing a Tutor.

BH: I've got a whole load of stuff in a tune book, for my workshops. They were first written for Witney. I did this beginners course and I didn't know what was going to come up so I wrote out all the Duet systems, a basic keyboard diagram and chord diagrams for each, and it was Cranes, Maccanns and Haydens. No Jeffries turned up.

WW: All your workshop notes are type set, but I thought you didn't have a computer?

BH: I've got a word processor - an ancient Amstrad PCW. I've got a little program that allows you to alter some of the letters into shapes, and by altering only 16 letters I can write music. I was very proud of it when I first did it, about fifteen years ago, as the music I'd seen from computers was very jagged compared to that.

(from: http://www.concertina.com/williams/hayden-chat/index.htm)

Then probably printed on a Roneo/Mimeograph/Gestetner master.

Somewhere else, Brian mentions his use of what he called the baritone clef in his tunes - the treble clef but sounding an octave lower.  I think that we mostly call this the treble-octave clef now.  Whatever the name, that is what is intended for the lower staff in the diagrams in the tutor.

Edited by Don Taylor