JS BACH -Sonata [A minor] Sarabande.

I have had a copy of this piece for many years; and always particularly liked the slowest movement [Sarabande].. it has great feeling within its solo melodic line, and gives a good basic challenge to play with feeling on any instrument.

As with most Bach's works; there always seems to be a universality to it, and it often suits many instrument, in fact virtually any kind [ at least i believe]... even those never invented at the time of Bach's own life. The funny thing is that often playing it on my Anglo concertina, I [probably have to consider using similar 'breathing' spaces to a flautist. [when using bellows] ; which is an unusual parallel I think.

Here is my own humble attempt at the A minor Sarabande [ by J.S Bach]

Edited by SIMON GABRIELOW
forgot to put video in [oops!].
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 11:11 PM, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

I have had a copy of this piece for many years; and always particularly liked the slowest movement [Sarabande].. it has great feeling within its solo melodic line, and gives a good basic challenge to play with feeling on any instrument.

As with most Bach's works; there always seems to be a universality to it, and it often suits many instrument, in fact virtually any kind [ at least i believe]... even those never invented at the time of Bach's own life. The funny thing is that often playing it on my Anglo concertina, I [probably have to consider using similar 'breathing' spaces to a flautist. [when using bellows] ; which is an unusual parallel I think.

Here is my own humble attempt at the A minor Sarabande [ by J.S Bach]

Nice piece. Do you have an opus number, or a link to the music, Please? I looked but could not find it.