Wanted: Circa 1914 Wheatstone Case

BCB

I recently bought a 48 button Wheatstone English concertina made in 1914 and, while I have a modern gig bag, it would be nice to find a leather case authentic to the time. Does anybody have any good leads? I haven't turned up anything yet on eBay or through Google. I appreciate your help!

I've a feeling Chris Algar had one (or very similar) on ebay recently.  It needed a bit of repair work as far as I can remember.  Even if that one isn't right, he might have a different one which would suit you so he's worth a try

Alex West

I do have an old leather case that has been completely refurbished and is in beautiful condition. It has been re-stitched where  necessary, oiled and polished. The only problem is that it is in Ireland and I will not be in Ireland until June.

Let me know if you are interested In waiting that long. Thanks. 

Hello, David, I might be interested. Is it a Wheatstone case from approximately that time period? Do you have any pictures of it? Newly registered here and haven't figured out how to reply directly to comments in these threads ...

I have a Wheatstone leather case with original strap and working brass catch.  Not refurbished, could just do with a polish/oil externally but less good inside with torn material lining.  Where are you - I'm UK.

Tony