Southeast Squeeze-in

I had a wonderful time.

Our turnout was 15 people over three days, with the music lasting past midnight both Friday and Saturday.

Look for a more detailed report soon (and pictures), and there will be information on the Second Annual Southeast Squeeze-In within the next month.

--Dave

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I think that everyone had a great time. The Cottage Inn was an ideal site for this event -- small though it was this time--and based on discussions we had Sunday morning, we'll be coming back next year. My wife was the unofficial cameraperson so I'll burn Ken a CD for posting purposes. (Ken if you read this let me know the mailing address I need to use!)

Bob Tedrow brought a double handful of his intruments and I got to try them all. I must say I was very impressed with their tone and playability. Keep up the good work Bob. His wife Klari and he played a couple of duets of hymns and the music sounded wonderful -- just like it was coming from a small pipe organ. Alex, their daughter soloed beautifully on several tunes and showed us some nice step-dancing too.

To those of you who couldn't come, you really missed it! But there will be a next time in 2005.

My best to all that participated in the music and the comraderie.

For those curious, this is the breakdown on the principle squeezebox of the attendees:

Anglo Concertina (C/G): 2

Anglo Concertina (D/A "Drop A"): 3

Anglo Concertina (G/D "Drop D"): 1

Button Accordion (B/C): 1

English Concertina: 2

--Dave

Edited by Dave Weinstein

;) Dave does that concertina count include that huge box of concertinas from Bob Tedrow? The reason I ask is because Elaine and I brought 5 concertinas betwwen the two of us!

;) Dave does that concertina count include that huge box of concertinas from Bob Tedrow? The reason I ask is because Elaine and I brought 5 concertinas betwwen the two of us!

That was the players, not the instruments.

There were a lot of instruments...

--Dave