In Massachusetts March 7-12

Yes, this is beginning to look like the wrong week to amble around Massachusetts. One doesn't come here in March (on "Spring" Break) expecting to see Spring. Winter is more like it!

Ken, snowed in

Oh, bigsqueezergeezer that's not fair! Don't gloat like that! <_<

I do love it here in NH, except in March and early April!

We got lambs but no daffs- and the ones for sale in the grocery store are labeled, "Product of UK!" (daffs I mean, not lambs!)

Oops, silly me! I meant Old Hampshire, UK (as opposed to New, USA).

I never gave Ohio a thought (Sorry Helen!)

Edited to congratulate myself on becoming a Chatty Concertinist. I can do the chatty, now I'd better start practicing harder!

Edited by bigsqueezergeezer

:lol: I thought you meant Ohio, too! I've heard lovely things about Old Hampshire- but do they have snow? Just a little? I would be happy with about a month of snow, from approximately 23 December to the end of January. Then I'm done with snow! :wacko:

I'm starting to wonder which one of the weather gods Ken torqued off. Poor chap is looking at more snow forecast for Friday and Saturday with that mixing in freezing rain. I'd hate to think Tom Hall's gathering in Portsmouth could be cancelled.

The folks I'm to play for at Blanchard's in Avon have called and asked me to reserve Sunday in case it's just too dangerous to travel on the 12th.

Yesterday's high temperature in Boston was the lowest for the month of March in 30 years. Yes, Ken must have done something major to bring this down upon our heads. :ph34r:

Edited by Mark Evans

I'm starting to wonder which one of the weather gods Ken torqued off.  Poor chap is looking at more snow forecast for Friday and Saturday with that mixing in freezing rain.  I'd hate to think Tom Hall's gathering in Portsmouth could be cancelled. 

The folks I'm to play for at Blanchard's in Avon have called and asked me to reserve Sunday in case it's just too dangerous to travel on the 12th.

Yesterday's high temperature in Boston was the lowest for the month of March in 30 years. Yes, Ken must have done something major to bring this down upon our heads. :ph34r:

Probably it was spending more time the last 8 months teaching astronomy than playing concertina. I will be in Portsmouth long before the snow, and will play everything myself Friday if I have to! Driving all the way back to PA in the next storm will be interesting. Meanwhile, I have fled up the Maine coast, where it is beautiful today (cold and snow everywhere, but full Sun).

Fear not! I will be there. BTW, Ken et al., the Press Room does not open until 4:00. I'll be getting there before 4:30 when the session begins to take shape.

The current forecast calls for snow starting around 8:00. There are two scenarios; one for nuisance snow on Saturday and another for a foot or more. Since most of my firewood is buried under the last pile of white shit, I am most earnestly hoping for the former plan -- Tom

I had not read the other responses beforw my last post.

Allison, our Daff O'Dills here are from Ireland.

Ever since the inauguration of 2001, the weather has gone berserk; nature abhors a vacuum. January thaw in February? January weather in March, less than two weeks before Sprng? No mud season for the past three years? Real Spring used to be a long weekend in early May; we haven't even had that for the past five years!

Great grump -- Tom

Well, I'm just now checking in -- had no Web access for several days. I did forget the Press Room hours, and got there too early in the snow storm. The door was indeed locked, so I loitered in nearby shops until they opened. What I had in my head was the 3rd Sat. singaround hours (3:30 PM). No harm done.

To paraphrase John Prine, it was quite a trip. I actually got snowed in or snowed out of more than half the events I wanted to attend, but still had fun and just got back feeling quite relaxed. (Work should take care of that on Monday.) Anyway, have fun you New Englanders, and you all should get together more often, you live so close to each other! ;)

See some of you at the April 16 workshop.

Ken Coles

........................................................ Anyway, have fun you New Englanders, and you all should get together more often, you live so close to each other!   ;)

See some of you at the April 16 workshop.

Ken Coles

...But, I live close to my picnic table, too, where I WOULD be sitting to play my concertina, but, as you can see in the hopefully-attached photo, there are NO footprints in the snow leading to that table!!!

I do intend to get to at least the concert on the 16th, though I'm not planning on the workshops.

Edit added: (I'll add that this is my favorite 'room.' My actual house is very small and strange -- this is the living room, in the summer!)

Edited by bellowbelle