Any EC players in Ayrshire, Scotland?

Hello all, I am new to the forum and a learner on the English concertina.   I have a Wheatstone 56 key wooden ended box.  My ability to read and follow music is very basic and I can find the notes okay, although at times my hands do get out of position and I hit the wrong notes.   I am slowly playing Scottish and Irish music from fiddle music books with limited success.  

It would be good to meet up with someone who plays and lives in the Ayrshire area.   I am no youngster, in my early 70s and lucky enough to be relatively fit and healthy for my age.   Would be happy to travel to meet up.   Any takers??  

18 hours ago, wunks said:

Hello Rich.  I'm a Bloody Yank so I can't meet with you in person but I just hit 70 and my advice is your concertina will teach you.  Sit and play tunes you have in your head.

Thanks Wunks, sounds like good advice to me.   

Rich

I'm in North Ayrshire and I'm an Anglo player.  There are also EC players around and if you send me a PM, I can see if I can introduce you to some.  Otherwise, there's the Central Scotland Concertina Group with a number of EC players which meets once a month - not in Ayrshire but in some cases within striking distance - the Arran Concertina Event coming up in early October and a few local sessions where it doesn't really matter what system you play but can help you along the learning road

Alex West

30 minutes ago, Alex West said:

Rich

I'm in North Ayrshire and I'm an Anglo player.  There are also EC players around and if you send me a PM, I can see if I can introduce you to some.  Otherwise, there's the Central Scotland Concertina Group with a number of EC players which meets once a month - not in Ayrshire but in some cases within striking distance - the Arran Concertina Event coming up in early October and a few local sessions where it doesn't really matter what system you play but can help you along the learning road

Alex West

Thanks Alex, PM sent.

• 6 months later...
40 minutes ago, Billy R said:

Hi Rich, not from Ayrshire but east coast. New to EC and keen to find a tutor - do you know of anyone around here? They seem few and far between!

Cheers

Billy

Hi Billy and welcome to this forum.   I haven't found anyone at all.   I started with a couple of used tutor books purchased on a well known auction site.   You might like to link up the with Central Scotland Concertina Group, see: http://www.concertina.org/regional-groups-with-regular-meetings/

I have been attending their monthly meetings and have found them to be helpful.   I'll send you a pm (personal message) 

Edited by Rich C R