I think that it's a matter of your storage being full. You can delete (part of) what you've uploaded and start use up the free space, as far as I know.

Yes. Which is why I always store my images, etc. outside of concertina.net and just link to them in my posts. Deleting things means that they disappear from the posts where they originally appeared. This can destroy the usefulness of those historical posts. On most external storage sites, if you reach your quota, you can pay to increase your quota. But not here, where everything is free.

I think that it's a matter of your storage being full. You can delete (part of) what you've uploaded and start use up the free space, as far as I know.

Yes. Which is why I always store my images, etc. outside of concertina.net and just link to them in my posts. Deleting things means that they disappear from the posts where they originally appeared. This can destroy the usefulness of those historical posts. On most external storage sites, if you reach your quota, you can pay to increase your quota. But not here, where everything is free.

Agreed, but the problem with external links is that the locations they point to may die over time (which happens quite frequently, actually), rendering them useless as well...

Okay, I'm not sure how or why that should occur if you have an account over which you have control. Oh, unless you move all your files to a new system

I myself don't use "the cloud" or outside services designed for storing and "sharing" files. I have my own domain, and I decide where to put things within that domain. Even if I change internet providers, the addresses of the domain and all its contents remain the same.

I'm not sure how or why that should occur if you have an account over which you have control.

I do. I think I am on my third image hosting site. Few things are permanent on the interwebs.

That said, I don't generally like to leave photographs or other files on-line for longer than necessary, a few weeks at most. Too many get 'harvested' and re-used ad infinitum without any authorisation.