Free To A Good Home--Two Non-Working Anglo Concertinas

rudeboy

One Bastari, one Stagi, both model W-15E, with chrome ends and red end papers underneath.

Not working--but in OK mechanical condition, except that two or three springs have been replaced with safety pins, and one has chipping on the wood veneer on an end piece. One bellows is OK for a Stagi/Bastari.

If they are of use to you, I''ll be happy to send them, you pay shipping. Shipping weight about 1.8 kg each.

Hello!

I'd be interested in taking these boxes off your hands. What are the issue/s with them? I'm located in Seattle WA, what would the shipping look like?

Thanks much,

Harlan

Ah. Issues. First off, they're not very good concertinas to begin with. Stagi makes a couple passable models, but the W-15E isn't one of them.

I bought these before I knew much about concertinas. One had nice end pieces, the other had a decent bellows, so I decided to combine them to get a better instrument. But I never got the ends fastened properly without keys sticking, so I gave up.

Plus, I finally got a good concertina (an Edgley with Jeffries tuning), so I lost interest in these.

To be honest, unless you're a good concertina mechanic with good tools and need a cheap concertina that might play OK, I wouldn't bother with these.

But if you're still interested, let me know and I'll figure out shipping.

Others on this site might know--Can a Bastari/Stagi W-15E be made to be playable? Or should I just toss them?

Thanks

Can a Bastari/Stagi W-15E be made to be playable? Or should I just toss them?

I don't see that model number on their web site. Is it essentially the same as the W-15 (http://www.brunnermusica.com/concertine.php?categoria=4&id=33) pictured below? If so, I would say yes, they can be playable. I think there's likely to be more hope for the one with the sound bellows.

33_1.jpg

Yes, that's the model. Google Stagi W-15E, click on images, and that's what you'll see.

Thank you Blue Eyed and Daniel for your responses.

So, Harlan, are you still interested? If so, I'll check out shipping.

Thank you all for the additional info! Yes I am definitely still interested. Should be able to get them playing, and If nothing else will harvest them for parts when a client with a beloved Bastari/Stagi needs some work.

Thanks again!
Harlan

Harlan,

Rough estimate for shipping is $16--that's 4 lbs. standard post from Connecticut to Seattle area. Faster--2nd day--is more like $45-50.

I'd prefer Paypal, but we can discuss other options, and you can pay once I've shipped and know how much it will be. I can ship early next week.

I'm happy they'll be of some use.

Cheers

The ~$16 shipping works for me, I'm not in a rush hurry. A tracking number would be good so I know when it's coming and can be around. Paypal is fine, I'll send you my info in a DM.

Harlan

Harlan,

Sorry, that quote was for one concertina. For two it would be more like $25 standard post, and $45-74 for priority.

Apologies to this site for not conduting this all thru personal messaging.