Several Good English System Concertinas For Sale...

conzertino

Last year I spent too much on instruments for my collection. Now a few older ones will have to go...

I made up a page with details and pics, which is linked-in to my main-webpage.

www.concertinas.de/concertinas

Have a look...

( Prices would be in Euro, which might work well for those from outside the euro-zone... )

Edited by conzertino

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is indeed the one pictured and described on my webpage ( the top one ).

I haven't seen or played it yet myself, as it is still with David Robertson, but knowing his work the instrument should be better than new;-) Below the description you can see a link to his webpage, where you will find his contact for questions or a test-play...

But hurry up, I will soon have it sent back to Germany...

I am asking 3.500 Euro or 2.500 Pound.

• 2 weeks later...

A while ago I put in a bid for an early Wheatstone single-action bass at a British auction - and forgot about it. For whatever reason the usual mystery-buyer didn't bid on that one and I got it, may be because including all fees it turned out quite dear...

Anyway, I had it totally restored by David Robertson, just to find that it doesn't really fit into my Aeola collection ( even though it is eight-sided;-). So it is on the market...

post-7162-0-26364100-1426417059_thumb.jpeg

More details on http://www.concertinas.de/concertinas

It is currently still with David ( who can be contacted about details! ).

• 2 weeks later...

The Wheatstone treble is listed as a Model 21 Aeola - I have never seen a Model 21 with the eola designation. What exactly constitutes an 'Aeola'?

I don't believe Robbie intended to say it's an Aeola, will rather be a mistake in the listing...

Apart from that I seem to recall one very early "Aeola" which was hexagonal but branded "Aeola".

I had an ebony-ended Aeola and a model 22 for sale - both extraordinary instruments. They are gone - and have since been taken off the list...

Sorry, the heading of the Model 21 was obviously wrong!! That shows, that nobody had looked at my page before <_<

And yes, I have two early six-sided Wheatstone Aeolas ( dot & comma ): a treble and - since last weekend - a baritone ( bliss!! ). They are both marked "Aeola" on the ends... I haven't measured the reeds yet!?

Edited by conzertino

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Wheatstone model 21 is gone, the Lachenal with rosewood-ends has returned home - the buyer didn't get on with the ultra-flexible seven-fold bellows. He is used to stiff ones... ( I love them - I have exactly the same ones on my Wheatstone Boyd ).

Edited by conzertino

• 6 months later...