It Happened While Buskering

Had a really neat happening yesterday.

It was a beautiful day and so I decided around 11AM to head down to the Alexandria waterfront and play some music for a couple hours. Always a good way to work out new tunes, meet a few people and make some coin. I was playing Hymne A L'Amour by Edith Piaf when a gentleman well into his 80s came up and began singing along in a wonderful voice. I played two more tunes which he sang along. In a subsequent conversation he said he was born in Turley but his family left after WWII and moved to Paris. He has been in the states several years now. He met and saw Piaf perform many times.

Nice little moment.

rss

Edited by Randy Stein

I had something similar happen late at night (well, not so early in the morning :) ) at a jam. It was foggy. A guy walked out of the fog singing whatever tune it was we were playing...nicely. He asked for Danny Boy. We all quietly winced. He sang it beautifully, reminding us that it need not be trite in the process. He thanked us, and disappeared into the fog. Quite magical. We never found out who he was. Wonderful when it happens.