Useful Concertina Info

I won't ask how you found this, but instead confess that sometimes, when my neurochemicals are seriously (but legally) out of balance, I googlesearch on concertina and some random term, rutabaga, say, or flatulence. You never get 0 hits, although the association between the words can be miniscule. You sometimes discover things like this picture, for better and worse, or that Mohandas Gandhi played the concertina.

post-4-1097269764.jpg

Edited by Stephen Mills

You sometimes discover things like this picture, ...

Is that the unusual 7-row duet that Robert Gaskins wrote an article about? :unsure:

I have no idea what you're talking about, nor could I find it in a search, or was it a joke I didn't get? But since we're talking about harmonic convergences of stray information, I wonder how many C.netters are aware that Robert Gaskins "invented" PowerPoint.

edited to add: I hope Robert doesn't mind being "outed" on this subject; I apologize if he does. All creators have reservations about the directions their creations take. Microsoft acquired it later. In my field, PowerPoint has had an extremely positive effect on scientific presentations.

Edited by Stephen Mills

I particularly liked the "simple music lesson" link.

Wonderful.

I've added it to my collection of quotes, along with this one from Mark Twain [letter in the Virginia City Territorial Enterprise, Jan. 1863]:

"We consider that the man who can fiddle all through one of those Virginia Reels without losing his grip, may be depended upon in any kind of emergency."

I've added it to my collection of quotes, along with this one from Mark Twain [letter in the Virginia City Territorial Enterprise, Jan. 1863]:

"We consider that the man who can fiddle all through one of those Virginia Reels without losing his grip, may be depended upon in any kind of emergency."

Now where did I put that short essay of his about learning to play the accordion? :unsure: