Wtb Parts/project 20B Lachenals

Yes I have such a beast.

I started doing it up, it has had the ends professionally repaired and repolished, new valves and pads (and springs?); it's fairly sound, brass reeded, but the bellows are shot and it's at that point that I lost interest.

Needs a keen owner...if you're interested I'll dig it out and sort pictures.

120 pounds posted anywhere in the world.

Edited by Dirge

I have a very good set of C/G steel reeds from a rosewood ended Lachenal 20 button, mounted in the reedpans, valved and more or less in concert A440.

pm me Doug if you're interested (or anyone else!). Make me an offer.....

I have advertised them here before, but the silence was deafening.... :(

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15053&hl=

Edited by malcolm clapp

Dirge...That is where I am at in my project...Pads, Valves Bushings, strap all new but the bellows are shot and they cost $$$$ /i may just breack down and get a new set. Question Yours is brass reeded, is it very soft compared to a steel reeded instrument? Is that the norm?

Malcolm C. PM sent about reeds

I am looking for parts boxes hoping to get a few cheep to put a working one together... there must be some "beyond economical repair" boxes out there sitting in the bottom of your closets

Dirge...That is where I am at in my project...Pads, Valves Bushings, strap all new but the bellows are shot and they cost $$$$ /i may just breack down and get a new set. Question Yours is brass reeded, is it very soft compared to a steel reeded instrument? Is that the norm?

Dunno really; it seemed nice toned but I'd nothing of that ilk to compare it with and not much air to do it with either. I started on it because I fancied owning a pukka maori piano. I may eventually tackle it but at the moment I have too much knackered stuff ('projects') for my liking and perhaps sanity.

Yes I have such a beast.

I started doing it up, it has had the ends professionally repaired and repolished, new valves and pads (and springs?); it's fairly sound, brass reeded, but the bellows are shot and it's at that point that I lost interest.

Needs a keen owner...if you're interested I'll dig it out and sort pictures.

120 pounds posted anywhere in the world.

sent you a PM Doug

Bellows are not too expensive if you look at Concertina-spares Site. A 20 key instrument, I presume mahogany ended, and you like fiddling about yourself, so talk to them about a 6 fold continuous card set, it will be a cheaper in the long run, and better than having a composite instrument (mix of different instruments).

Dave

Edited by d.elliott