Does Anyone Know The Make Of This Concertina

Hello

I was looking around on eBay when I found this concertina which seams to have no name on it. Does anyone know its manufacturer and its value - I am looking for a concertina to start out on. How much would it cost to get it restored.

I am thinking that it might be a German concertina because that is what fills up half of eBay when you search concertina.

Badok88

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anglo-Concertina-D-A-/261263920846?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Keyboard_RL&hash=item3cd48b0ece

No. It entirely depends on condition. Fully restored and in playing condition perhaps £200 but unrestored and unknown with some "squeaky notes" it is over priced at the auction starting price of £99 in my opinion. You might be faced with a repair bill of 2 or 3 hundred, it might not be in concert pitch, it might have some broken reeds etc etc. It is a big gamble, as with any ebay purchase of an old item from a seller who has no knowledge of the item. If you want a first instrument to learn on then a Rochelle would be a better buy.

No. It entirely depends on condition. Fully restored and in playing condition perhaps £200 but unrestored and unknown with some "squeaky notes" it is over priced at the auction starting price of £99 in my opinion. You might be faced with a repair bill of 2 or 3 hundred, it might not be in concert pitch, it might have some broken reeds etc etc. It is a big gamble, as with any ebay purchase of an old item from a seller who has no knowledge of the item. If you want a first instrument to learn on then a Rochelle would be a better buy.

Thank you

I wont bid on it then. I have been looking on your website about a D/A 20 button concertina, would that be any good for ITM - I am not serious about playing just ITM as I would like to play English tunes as well. Seeing as I have only been playing for 2 weeks, what's the cheapest duet concertina you have for sale as the reason I was drawn towards the Anglo was mainly because the buttons were more sensibly placed than on the English and because the Anglo was cheaper. Do you know anyone who plays ITM on a duet?

If you can get to Whitby Folk Week next week you will have the opportunity to try concertinas from a variety of sellers, including myself, Barleycorn, The Music Room, Hobgoblin and possibly others. There is no substitute for getting hands on and trying things, you will learn more that way in a few hours than you will in days or weeks of questions and answers here. :) Not that this place does not have a wealth of advice available, but there is no substitute for having a go on as many instruments as possible.

Please contact me off-forum if you would like to discuss instruments I have for sale.

If you can get to Whitby Folk Week next week you will have the opportunity to try concertinas from a variety of sellers, including myself, Barleycorn, The Music Room, Hobgoblin and possibly others. There is no substitute for getting hands on and trying things, you will learn more that way in a few hours than you will in days or weeks of questions and answers here. :) Not that this place does not have a wealth of advice available, but there is no substitute for having a go on as many nstruments as possible.

Please contact me off-forum if you would like to discuss instruments I have for sale.

Thank you very much I think I will do that