Concertina Case

Hi Bob,

Here are a couple of photos of mine - it's made of 4mm plywood with a 4mm stitched leather 'outer'. I made the woodwook myself and had a friendly saddlemaker do the outer bit to fit. Only problem is that it weighs a ton, but at least you can sit on it while waiting for the train!
Send me a PM if you want the address of the saddlemaker - she's in Surrey.

Adrian

post-6143-0-22249400-1358880994_thumb.jpeg

post-6143-0-36040400-1358881018_thumb.jpeg

I made this one many years ago out of birch plywood, covered outside with bookbinder black leatherette cloth, with velvet-covered thick cardboard in the interior. Yes it was heavy, but very handy for sitting on at crowded sessions, with easy access to all three. A friend called it my "concertina condo"!

But..... I made it to fit three specific instruments and subsequent purchases don't necessarily fit, so make sure you design it with some flexibility in the interior.

Gary

post-322-0-91892200-1358902959_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Two very well-made cases. I've thought about making such a case. However, if a thief were to snatch it, it would be a disaster to lose three at once!

Yeah, touch wood! But if you need to use 3 concertinas it's a lot more handy than stuffing individual cases into a large rucksack. I have been known to do the latter though if I've had to visit the darker side of town...

Adrian