C/G 28key Shakespeare

John Dipper

I'm currently workin on a 28 key C/G Shaskespeare with beautifully engraved ends. The owner would like to sell it.

It is just under 5" 5/8 across the flats. So quite small. Original 6 fold bellows with gold tooling.

Please me know if you are interested.

If sold through the site an appropriate donation to concertina.net will be made.

I'd put an image in, but there seems to be no way I can get it to work - tried uploading to DropBox, and using the create link function from there - that didn't work.. Then tried sharing the image after uploading to MobileMe - no joy there either. So how on earth do I actually get to the point where the image has a URL and can be linked into this post?

Edited by John Dipper

If the problem you're having is an error message somewhere along the lines of "You're not allowed to post a file with that ending," what's tripping you up is that the url doesn't end in a recognized image file format suffix like .tif or .jpg (this was the problem I had in linking from Flickr and Facebook). What I did was view the page source--depending on your browser, it might work better to do so from a menu command or by right-clicking with your mouse. I right-clicked on the image and selected View Page Source (running Firefox on an elderly Macintosh). I could then find a url for the photo that ended in .jpg (this was the only way I could work out to find that url); pasting that in the url field after clicking on the Insert Image button above (just to the right of the Insert Link button) worked, as they say, a treat.

Joshua

Edited by jdms

John, I don't know if you use Flickr? If so, you display the photo in Flickr, then go to "view all sizes" (top right corner). You then click on the size you want, I find medium 640 is good. When the medium photo is showing, right click on it and select "Copy Image URL" When you do the posting, click on "Insert image" and paste the URL into the small window.

If you use another photo host, you should be able to get the properties, i.e. the URL of the image location.

It should look something like this, the image URL surrounded by the html tag - http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7104/yourimage.jpg [/img ]

You won't see the image until you preview or post it.

Good luck.

Andrew

p.s. I rang a few weeks ago about bringing a Jeffries to show you. If it's OK, PM me. I'm only up the road in Mere!

Edited by Andy Holder

• 2 weeks later...
I'm currently workin on a 28 key C/G Shaskespeare with beautifully engraved ends. The owner would like to sell it.

It is just under 5" 5/8 across the flats. So quite small. Original 6 fold bellows with gold tooling.

I'd put an image in, but there seems to be no way I can get it to work...

John emailed me his photo, and here it is.

Nice looking concertina, to be sure.

Shakespeare_CG-28.jpeg

For what it's worth:

I have my own web site/domain, so instead of using an external service like
Flickr
or
Picasa
, I simply saved the image file into a folder on my domain and linked to the file with the "insert image" tool here in the editor. (I used up my file space quota on concertina.net long ago, so I don't even try to
upload
images.)

The file was in JPEG format and had an extension of
.jpeg
rather than the more common
.jpg
(for the same internal format). I wondered if that had been the source of John's problem, since at least one of my image editors claimed "unknown file format" but opened it with no trouble when I simply changed the extension to
.jpg
. But the link here is to the original
.jpeg
version, so that wasn't the problem in posting it here.